Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 335496 times)

ian

Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #450 on: 30 April, 2014, 02:58:14 pm »
Spare a thought today for the poor, beleaguered commuters of London, especially City PA Lilly Morgans, 25, who was reported in yesterday's ES as having had to walk an entire 1.5 miles.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #451 on: 30 April, 2014, 03:17:06 pm »
Oh poor love.  I hope she had the proper safety equipment for an expedition like that.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

red marley

« Reply #452 on: 01 May, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
It's going to be a hard struggle but I'm going to strive to find a suitable bubble bath for my future adventures in cleanliness. Hopefully someone will send me a pleasantly fragranced care package and a nice bottle of wine to help make bath time that bit more bearable.

There is only one bubble bath worthy of soaking away those first world problems.

I'm down to my last half bottle. Help!

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #453 on: 04 May, 2014, 08:12:50 pm »
The 'noise' from the ice cream van is ruining my enjoyment of the live performance of the London Symphony Orchestra on Radio 3.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #454 on: 04 May, 2014, 08:17:02 pm »
I'll have a 99 please.  :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #455 on: 04 May, 2014, 08:18:22 pm »
That's odd, as the noise from the London Symphony Orchestra on Radio 3 is ruining my enjoyment of the live performance from the ice cream van.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #456 on: 04 May, 2014, 09:47:25 pm »
Damn peanuts used for feeding birdies are causing a fly infestation.... strewth.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #457 on: 05 May, 2014, 05:27:08 pm »
Related: first world anarchists.

The "Drive Carefully" one is pretty impressive, to be honest.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #458 on: 05 May, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »
The tree is good. And the man "standing on" the bottles.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #459 on: 07 May, 2014, 04:55:52 am »
My coffee grinder is too noisy. So since I got up at 4:30am and didn’t want to wake the rest of the house I had to make a pot with whatever ground coffee I could find. I 50/50 mix of the last of the Lidl Kenyan and the one year old Illy Espresso I found at the back of the cupboard is interesting. Still it seems to have plenty of caffeine.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #460 on: 07 May, 2014, 11:43:19 am »
I popped into John Lewes to buy some trousers yesterday and couldn't find any I liked. I'll have to make an appointment with my tailor.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #461 on: 07 May, 2014, 11:58:57 am »
John Lewis didn't have any in red? Shame on them!
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #463 on: 07 May, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »
It's raining and I commuted in on my best bike this morning - might have to hitch a lift home so it doesn't get wet
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

« Reply #464 on: 07 May, 2014, 04:58:38 pm »
Related: first world anarchists.

It's raining and I commuted in on my best bike this morning - might have to hitch a lift home so it doesn't get wet

Awesome, both of you!

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #465 on: 09 May, 2014, 09:42:44 am »
I brought a pair of Julian's excellent homemade spinach and feta cheese muffins into work this morning.  When I unwrapped them, to eat for breakfast alongside a cup of single origin Kenyan Kikai pourover, I noticed that they had the smallest amount of mould growing on their surface.

I had to go down to the cafeteria for a Danish pastry instead.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #466 on: 09 May, 2014, 10:10:38 am »
The problem facing me the other evening, was the strapping on my 'longs' was ever so slightly rumpled/twisted in my shoe, causing me a little discomfort when out for a blast before tea. I could have dealt with it, but that would have interrupted my ride by a couple of minutes. I decided to 'bank' those minutes to help me get back in time to put the oven on before my wife returned from her zumba class.

Needless to say, I didn't make it back in time. I think my bike's getting slower.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #467 on: 09 May, 2014, 10:16:47 am »
Wanted, no needed, a cup of tea for the train journey into London but had no cash for the station café. Thankfully as a 'known face' I was allowed to take now and pay later and not have the horror of a 45 minute train journey without tea...
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #468 on: 10 May, 2014, 01:58:29 pm »
After 10 hard years labour, our dishwasher has given up the ghost. That is not the greatest horror, though. I will need to find a pair of Marigolds, so i can do the washing up, but nowhere stocks them big enough for my shovel hands! I have no option, therefore, but to either wash up ala commando, or suffer with aching hands from gloves that are too small.

What is a man to do?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #469 on: 10 May, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »
Would a car spares place sell anything suitable?
Can you use nitrile gloves?
Something like this from Lakeland? http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21180/Large-Deluxe-Moisturising-Gloves-Size-9

I wash up commando anyway...

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #470 on: 10 May, 2014, 02:16:14 pm »
Wash up commando.  With suitable organic, hypo-allegergenic, eco-friendly washing up liquid you shouldn't need Marigolds.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #471 on: 10 May, 2014, 02:20:24 pm »
Wash up commando.  With suitable organic, hypo-allegergenic, eco-friendly washing up liquid you shouldn't need Marigolds.
If you can get your hands into the water without Marigolds, the water isn't hot enough.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #472 on: 10 May, 2014, 02:33:22 pm »
If you can get your hands into the water without Marigolds, the water isn't hot enough.

Not quite true.

For most people that is the case, but, as people on this forum will testify, I have a) asbestos hands and b) a higher than normal pain threshold...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #473 on: 10 May, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »
In the absence of someone called Marigold to do the dishes, how about

http://www.screwfix.com/p/marigold-emperor-chemical-hazard-17-gauntlets-black-large/65662#

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #474 on: 10 May, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »
What is a man to do?

paper plates & cups.
plastic cutlery
all disposable.
 8)

hth