Author Topic: First-World Problems.  (Read 333657 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: First-World Problems.
« Reply #2000 on: 23 September, 2019, 10:31:07 pm »
Our Pizza cutter wheel self destructed. How do you cut a pizza with a knife?

Fold it in half = calzone.  No pizza cutter required!
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #2001 on: 24 September, 2019, 08:09:34 am »
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #2002 on: 24 September, 2019, 11:46:04 am »
Shock horror! No almond croissants in Waitrose this morning.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2003 on: 24 September, 2019, 08:51:27 pm »
The replacement for our previous cranky old grid (a Fabia estate) does not have the covered trough at the back of the parcel shelf which was ideal for the safe transport of balsa sheet, piano wire and (rolled up) plans.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #2004 on: 25 September, 2019, 08:23:25 am »
The replacement for our previous cranky old grid (a Fabia estate) does not have the covered trough at the back of the parcel shelf which was ideal for the safe transport of balsa sheet, piano wire and (rolled up) plans.
;D ;D ;D

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2005 on: 25 September, 2019, 01:08:41 pm »

In similar vein, current Fnord Mustangs do not have the little trough atop the centre of the dash to keep your bag-full-of-lead-shot TwatNav holder in place so you have to use double-sided tape to prevent Emily the TwatNav from cowering in the passenger footwell or your lap every time you negotiate a junction.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2006 on: 25 September, 2019, 01:14:18 pm »

In similar vein, current Fnord Mustangs do not have the little trough atop the centre of the dash to keep your bag-full-of-lead-shot TwatNav holder in place so you have to use double-sided tape to prevent Emily the TwatNav from cowering in the passenger footwell or your lap every time you negotiate a junction.

They should have cycle helmet holders, too.  That way if you decide to empirically prove that you can't go as fast as Slash even when equipped with four wheels and an engine drive round the track to record a GPX of the course because your bike's buried under assorted anbaric equipment that doesn't like being rained on, it won't go flying on the first tight corner.

« Reply #2007 on: 28 September, 2019, 12:55:53 pm »
My local branch of Waitrose has stopped selling Patak Brinjal (aubergine) pickle and Maille Bearnaise sauce. We are all doomed I tell you.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2008 on: 28 September, 2019, 01:07:03 pm »
The local Waitrose had run out of Guardian newspapers.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2009 on: 02 October, 2019, 11:38:41 am »
The next book in the series I’m reading/listening too isn’t available in whispersync. But but the one after that is. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #2010 on: 09 October, 2019, 08:20:25 pm »
What do you use to remove dental floss that's stuck between your teeth?   :-\
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2011 on: 09 October, 2019, 08:58:14 pm »
An interdental brush.
These come in colour coded sizes, with PINK finest at 0.4mm, followed by orange and red.

You could also try more floss or dental tape.

The gap between teeth tends to ease somewhat after something gets jammed between the teeth so removal might be easier after a delay of 12-24 hours.

« Reply #2012 on: 09 October, 2019, 09:12:53 pm »
I've got fairly close set teeth & have never got on with dental floss or interdental brushes.  A Waterpik gets a lot of crap out from between the teeth.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterpik-WP-560UK-Cordless-Advanced-Flosser/dp/B071HZV1H7

You could probably use it to clean bike bits as well.....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2013 on: 09 October, 2019, 09:21:13 pm »
TBH I can't see how a WaterPik could shift something that's JAMMED and made of strong fibres.

Suggest floss after a delay.

« Reply #2014 on: 09 October, 2019, 09:47:20 pm »
Mk 1 spiky cocktail stick then,  until the tip breaks off & that gets stuck...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2015 on: 09 October, 2019, 09:50:51 pm »
Eat sweets. Stop cleaning your teeth. Tooth will fall out or be removed.  Job's a good 'un.
Worked for me. :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

« Reply #2016 on: 09 October, 2019, 10:07:30 pm »
What do you use to remove dental floss that's stuck between your teeth?   :-\

Dynamite.

The Movers

• We just work here
« Reply #2017 on: 10 October, 2019, 07:49:59 am »
We merged them first-world problem threads, mate.  Any risk of a cuppa?

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2018 on: 10 October, 2019, 08:20:58 am »
Mk 1 spiky cocktail stick then,  until the tip breaks off & that gets stuck...

Somewhere in the annals of this vast body of literature there is a ride report including the account of What Happened to My Filling after a lunch consisting of a rack of pig ribs followed by the cocktail stick treatment. For the rest of the ride my tongue found its way unerringly to the jagged cavity that was left and, despite my generous offer, I couldn’t find any volunteers prepared to offer their tongues to the cause in order to give mine a rest.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #2019 on: 10 October, 2019, 02:50:23 pm »
An interdental brush.
These come in colour coded sizes, with PINK finest at 0.4mm, followed by orange and red.

You could also try more floss or dental tape.

The gap between teeth tends to ease somewhat after something gets jammed between the teeth so removal might be easier after a delay of 12-24 hours.
What do you think I was trying to remove with the floss?!!   ;D
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2020 on: 10 October, 2019, 04:53:31 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, you have a better chance with the floss today.

Teeth move a tiny bit in response to pressure (that's how dental braces work) and the gap with stuck floss might have opened up fractionally.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #2021 on: 10 October, 2019, 05:23:25 pm »
Don't try my method - stuck floss, nothing worked - used v. thin feeler gauge. Managed to tear off the end so then had to put something a bit thicker below it to get it out - I chickened out of using an angle grinder. I used that thickness quite a bit! Should buy a new one, but I've managed for the 30-odd years since.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

essexian

« Reply #2022 on: 13 October, 2019, 03:30:14 pm »
We are planning to have a take away for tea...well its my Birthday tomorrow and our wedding adversary but now discover that our favourite take away no longer delivers to our postcode!!!!

What is happening with the World!!!!!

« Reply #2023 on: 14 October, 2019, 11:14:17 am »
In order to update the maps, I have to register my car sat nav with the manufacturers website. This is done using a system ID.  It would help enormously if the screen font for that ID differentiated between "I" and "l".
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2024 on: 14 October, 2019, 11:26:10 am »
We are planning to have a take away for tea...well its my Birthday tomorrow and our wedding adversary but now discover that our favourite take away no longer delivers to our postcode!!!!

Stop whinging, we don't have any takeaways at all that deliver to our postcode.

Mind you thats probably a good thing for my waistline.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.