Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210881 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #250 on: 10 October, 2015, 06:41:02 pm »
Our pets are mostly staring at our other pets.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #251 on: 10 October, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »
That's a hilarious photo  ;D
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #252 on: 11 October, 2015, 01:00:56 am »
That's a hilarious photo  ;D

It's like live TV for them, we have 10 mice in there  ;D
The dog used to be interested in the hamster until I got the mice, and now he is totally fixated heh. Mind you, he is fed up of being chased around the garden by the chickens so this lot look like something he could actually dominate if only he could get to them!

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #253 on: 16 October, 2015, 09:28:41 am »
Milly is being very jumpy.  I think the nannies who lived with the family she used to be with used to swipe at her.  I'm trying to reassure her that she's safe now.

« Reply #254 on: 26 October, 2015, 04:43:53 pm »
Katie Cat is still refusing to put her watch back. Says she can't manage the buttons, but I don't think she has read the manual.

lou boutin

« Reply #255 on: 26 October, 2015, 05:30:25 pm »
Milly Cat was therapy cat yesterday.  I was seeing one of my supervisees and Milly decided she wanted to sit by them and allow them to stroke her as we worked.  This has never been known before (Milky doesn't exactly share the love). Today she's back to being her usual self, chasing shadows, demanding two breakfasts and trying to steal treats.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #256 on: 26 October, 2015, 07:20:13 pm »
Pete's on my knee, staring at my phone.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #257 on: 26 October, 2015, 07:24:46 pm »
Out.  Probably shitting in everyone's garden but ours.
Good old Daf.  #propercat.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #258 on: 27 October, 2015, 08:07:16 pm »
Tilly is snoozing on the sofa next to me occasionally burping. The burping releases a horrible smell as she has been scrumping rotting crab apples from the bottom of the garden.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #259 on: 27 October, 2015, 08:27:54 pm »
Her belly is making cider :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

lou boutin

« Reply #260 on: 28 October, 2015, 09:08:30 am »
Milky is on guard duty.  A cat has walked past the house and she's annoyed..

ian

« Reply #261 on: 29 October, 2015, 12:46:38 pm »
By the racket, clambering up into the wardrobe. Bad Cat has learned to open the sliding doors and then through a combination of wriggling and scrambling behind a closed portion of door get to the top shelf where she's evidently constructing an eyrie that Little Monster Cat can't get to. Her mountaineering is going to do wonders for the clothes in there.

An improvement on the 7am wake-up call, where Bad Cat decided to get off the bed, giving me a moment of optimism that I might get an extra hour of unmolested sleep. But no, she decided to empty her stomach onto the bedroom carpet before wandering out into the hallway and deciding that yes, there's a little more still inside.

I'll get up and get the carpet cleaner then, shall I.

lou boutin

« Reply #262 on: 31 October, 2015, 05:49:30 pm »
Milky is spooked by Halloween.  She's jumped several times when people have passed the window.  She's now in her box under the stairs but I might put her upstairs because a few friends are coming around.

« Reply #263 on: 31 October, 2015, 11:34:05 pm »
We don't have a pet. Keeping carnivorous animals as pets in a suburban or urban environment seems to be an impossible balance between the human selfish stuff, the historic view that cats & dogs were useful  tools & the environmental costs of too many mammals, especially the carnivorous ones, in an overpopulated island.

We have had pets. I've buried several small furry mammals that were our childrens' pets. It was emotional. But that's just part of helping children to make themselves adults.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #264 on: 06 November, 2015, 01:44:50 pm »
We don't have a pet. Keeping carnivorous animals as pets in a suburban or urban environment seems to be an impossible balance between the human selfish stuff, the historic view that cats & dogs were useful  tools & the environmental costs of too many mammals, especially the carnivorous ones, in an overpopulated island.

We have had pets. I've buried several small furry mammals that were our childrens' pets. It was emotional. But that's just part of helping children to make themselves adults.

So technically, your answer to the thread title What is your pet doing right now? is "Decomposing"

« Reply #265 on: 15 November, 2015, 07:23:14 pm »

Finishing up my chicken saag. Freak.

« Reply #266 on: 15 November, 2015, 08:15:59 pm »
Rosie, our 14 year old Pedigree Cocker Spaniel is snoring on the floor just  at my feet, but will soon be galvanised into high alert mode at thought of her evening pre bed snack before she retires to sleep on the sofa  ::-)

Meanwhile our two ex farmcats are sleeping comfortably on two chairs, one each of course, in the conservatory. there`s a lot of truth in saying `if you want the best seat you `ll have to move the cat` !!!
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Andrew

« Reply #267 on: 15 November, 2015, 08:34:24 pm »
One dog's snoring, the other's farting. The noise and smell are a bit much.

« Reply #268 on: 15 November, 2015, 08:48:18 pm »
One dog's snoring, the other's farting. The noise and smell are a bit much.

mega sympathy !!--- just one doing both is bad enough ::-)
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #269 on: 15 November, 2015, 09:34:47 pm »
Pete's having a snooze, after catching a baby mouse.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #270 on: 16 November, 2015, 10:28:16 am »
Tilly is in her crate/cage whilst I consider bathing her since she rolled in fox poo on this mornings walk. She did it yesterday too on a different route and we bathed her last night. She smelt lovely for a few hours ....

« Reply #271 on: 16 November, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »
Tilly is having a spectacular day. She managed to rip a tennis ball into tiny chunks this afternoon and now it seems she ate a fair amount of them as she has thrown up all over the lounge and its full of 1/4inch bits of rubber !

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #272 on: 16 November, 2015, 05:04:29 pm »
I think our Tilley has beaten her fear of people in hi-vis and hard hat on the canal.

We still need to work on the vicious nasty horrific wheelbarrow that roams the canal. I think it sneaked up on her today as she was busy checking out the mini digger and "steam" roller that inhabit the canal atm while they mend the towpath - These loud machines she don't mind and will happy go up to while they are moving about - So the wheelbarrow wasn't such a surprise after all.

We still have much work to do regarding the very still sitting fishermen on the canal. There is just no way that she wants to go past them, not on your nilly, Nada, nope niet, bark and growl.

And don't get us started on hikers who are enjoying a rest on the path she is walking.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #273 on: 16 November, 2015, 05:05:21 pm »
Our pets are mostly staring at our other pets.

I've giggled at that about three times now, but I've only just noticed the dog!  Brilliant.

Andrew

« Reply #274 on: 16 November, 2015, 08:25:34 pm »
Our farty border collie , Sam, is very insecure; he doesn't like dancing. That is, my wife and I dancing like childish loons. He barks and nips. Our other dog, an ageing malinois. used to dance with us but is a bit past that now, she still doesn't mind though - regarding us with waggy tailed amusement. We've yet to find a song that Sam likes. We'll try again.