Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210704 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #575 on: 30 October, 2016, 05:08:20 pm »
Sleeping after spending most of the day hiding under our neighbour's bed  ::-)

Where we now know she also left a poo...  :facepalm:

Fireworks?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #576 on: 30 October, 2016, 05:15:29 pm »

Fireworks?

Its not got too noisy here yet so I don't think it was that.
She goes in there fairly often because a)my neighbour often leaves the door open (thankfully Pumpkin hasn't sussed cat flaps yet) and b)there's naughty cat food to be stolen there. But I encourage my neighbour to shoo her out or she'll just help herself to any food going anywhere.

I think the issue is that she's tremendously nosey/greedy but also wary of other people, so she got 'trapped' in there.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #577 on: 30 October, 2016, 09:22:39 pm »
Snoring, and twitching in his sleep.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #578 on: 31 October, 2016, 08:52:19 am »
Lying on the foot stool looking a bit depressed at the return to routine after we had a week off and several adventures. The highlight for her was a five hour walk from Masham to Hackfall Woods and back.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #579 on: 04 November, 2016, 11:23:45 pm »
At bed time*, she rolled of the sofa walked over to her new bone. I only saw that she was sniffing it. But at the top of the stairs, she looked very sheepish. That was when I noticed the little bit of bone/flesh/tendon in her mouth. First time she ever done that, I think she wanted a wee midnight supper.

* Yes, she sleeps in the bed with us.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #580 on: 05 November, 2016, 11:41:19 am »
Google is currently very tired. He had an absolutely horrible evening from hearing fireworks. He tried to climb into the fridge every time I opened it and was visibly shaking for several hours.
I was hoping to avoid sedating him tonight, but might have to seriously consider it as he was really suffering  :(

I wish there was somewhere I could take him where it wouldn't happen. I have a friend who owns a music recording studio which is a suspended insulated room with loads of sound proofing round it. Maybe I should hire it out for the evening!
The trouble is that dogs have such good hearing down at the low frequency range that I doubt it would be entirely effective.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #581 on: 05 November, 2016, 11:47:47 am »
Poor thing  :(

Our cats are usually quite easily spooked by unexpected noises, but they don't seem to have been bothered by the fireworks.

« Reply #582 on: 05 November, 2016, 01:06:42 pm »
We are lucky. So far Tilly is bomb proof with fireworks. Possibly because from when she was a pup I made her walk past the bird scarers in the fields round here. That plus the low flying fighters round here have got her used to sudden loud noises. Wierdly indoor sudden noises are much more likely to make her jump such as a baking tray plinking as it heats or cools in the oven.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #583 on: 05 November, 2016, 03:39:33 pm »
I'm shortly driving up into the Dales for a spot of camping with Tilley. I tried last year and it worked great until someone parked up next to us and had their own fireworks display. The second spot worked great until the display at Bolton Abbey went off. So this time I really driving into the Dales to hide.

We tried drugs and a big fresh new bone to tire her out, but that only worked after the fireworks when she is sooo tired from baking, drugs and eating.

All my other dogs just slept through it and the fireworks in Denmark, the UK has nothing on it. Maybe a lifting of the head when the neighbour set off his homemade cannon. Best way to describe it is "mental come war" and that is just the weeks leading up to new years eve. In my 20 years here the only time I have seen a new year on par with what I saw in Denmark, was when I was down on the Thames in that there London and that only lasted 20+min. The law has changed in DK so now you can only get it a few weeks before and you are only allowed to let it off for three(I think) days around new years eve. As soon as the crimbo display went up in the shops you could get fireworks. Which I think only leads to a more mental new years eve. Because it use to be against the law get and let of fireworks throughout the year, so we took "revenge" when we could get it. People use to smuggle in from Germany and Sweden and/or make their own (puts hand up with a guilty smile). So with making it harder and against the law ... my advice is to wear your fireproof underwear if you find yourself in DK on the 31st of Dec.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #584 on: 05 November, 2016, 04:34:30 pm »
Pete, who can hear me open the food cupboard in my kitchen when he's in the neighbour's flat, sleeps through fireworks without twitching an ear.

He's on my knee just now.

« Reply #585 on: 05 November, 2016, 07:56:33 pm »
my 4 kittens don,t seem to bothered by the fireworks from either diwalli or tonight's . in fact 3 are patrolling the garden as I type  :) 
the slower you go the more you see

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #586 on: 05 November, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »
the dog doesn't like the fireworks so Les let it come and sit in the living room

it is now making horrible slurping noises

« Reply #587 on: 05 November, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »
I am now wishing I had in fact sedated him. The first bang started in total daylight at 4pm - twats.

He is currently in a real state. Some neighbours behind us are having their own personal display. Tempted to have one off my 1980's music fests on the Bose with the door open at 5am. Serves them right.

Here he is trying to hide in the fridge (??!)
IMG_3644 by Lara Day, on Flickr

And refusing to get out when I close the door
IMG_3646 by Lara Day, on Flickr

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #588 on: 05 November, 2016, 10:13:06 pm »
Has he been watching Indiana Jones And The Film With The Excessively Long Name, perhaps?

:-\

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #589 on: 05 November, 2016, 11:23:00 pm »
Aw, poor Google  :(

Ninkasi has been more skittish tonight than previous nights.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #590 on: 06 November, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
Pete is having a wash.

« Reply #591 on: 06 November, 2016, 08:21:32 pm »
Tilley's being driven around the moors by Woolly to avoid the fireworks, again. She tries to fight them, barking extremely loud while throwing herself at the window/door/wall and careering about in distress. It's horrible to see.

« Reply #592 on: 10 November, 2016, 07:43:27 pm »
We went to one of the local pet accessory manufacturers to model new products!. And scored a new leash & collar for our efforts!.

Really cool office, with everyone having their own little cubicles so that they could bring their dogs. I want to work there!. To be fair,  last job was very dog friendly, but Hana was just too big to bring in every day. New job has a complete pet ban, which I actually understand quite well. There was quite a few people with dog allergies at the old office and I'm sure they weren't too happy about it.

« Reply #593 on: 15 November, 2016, 08:47:43 am »
Slumped on the floor snoozing. We met Lola the whippet on our walk this morning. Short walk for me as I just stood and chatted to Lola's owner but Tilly and Lola covered about 400 miles chasing each other round the field. Every dog should have a whippet as a friend, very good for a cardio workout.

« Reply #594 on: 16 November, 2016, 06:59:33 pm »
My wife is away on business. so Hana gets to sleep in the bed all night. Refused to get out of bed this morning and looking like this, I had hard time making her:

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #595 on: 16 November, 2016, 07:01:10 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Pingu

• Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #596 on: 16 November, 2016, 09:05:58 pm »

Fireworks?

She goes in there fairly often because a)my neighbour often leaves the door open (thankfully Pumpkin hasn't sussed cat flaps yet) and b)there's naughty cat food to be stolen there. But I encourage my neighbour to shoo her out or she'll just help herself to any food going anywhere.

I think the issue is that she's tremendously nosey/greedy but also wary of other people, so she got 'trapped' in there.

Tonight she's been up the same neighbour's chimney  :facepalm:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #597 on: 16 November, 2016, 09:29:40 pm »

Fireworks?

Tonight she's been up the same neighbour's chimney  :facepalm:

And her peachy paws are now all black and covered in soot  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #598 on: 20 November, 2016, 03:26:35 am »
Sleeping soundly after an afternoon on the mountain, playing in the snow!

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #599 on: 20 November, 2016, 09:41:41 am »
When I removed the cover from their cage, I saw Charlie & Spike (my pair of cockatiels) doing their morning yoga stretches, didn't get a chance to catch it on camera, but they stand on one leg, then stretch the other leg & wing backwards!   :thumbsup: