Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210965 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #675 on: 01 May, 2017, 12:22:25 pm »
Pete is having a sleep, having interrupted his previous sleep to wash his legs.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #676 on: 01 May, 2017, 04:43:42 pm »
Been looking after a neighbours cat. Last time I did this she sauntered into the kitchen, looked across to some sick and gave me a disgusted look to say "someone's been sick there".

This time she proudly showed me a spread out collection of rabbit pieces. A head with no ears, part of a torso and some black offal.

I fed her and took a while to clean up the mess.
It is simpler than it looks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #677 on: 01 May, 2017, 05:10:24 pm »
Pete is helping me to re-pot plants.  ::-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #678 on: 02 May, 2017, 10:36:06 am »
Trying to bark at me in his appallingly halitosis-ridden way, asking for a walk.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #679 on: 07 May, 2017, 12:51:41 pm »
Pete is sulking, having been told off for ripping open a bag of dry food and eating the contents, although I was planning to donate it to Lothian Cat Rescue.

ian

« Reply #680 on: 12 May, 2017, 09:22:23 pm »
Little Monster Cat is having conjunctivitis. This is bad news. Because she might be little but she is MONSTER. She's basically miniaturized kaijū and can effortlessly twist herself into a six dimensional calabi yau manifold. With claws.

Eyedrops twice a day. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Just do it like this says the vet, preparing to demonstrate.

Fifteen minutes later, one vet, one nurse, the receptionist, and two wary owners, the contents of one tube of antibacterial eyedrops liberally decorating the surgery, maybe we'll see if it just clears up on its own.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #681 on: 13 May, 2017, 01:04:47 pm »
Oh dear. Pete was remarkably easy to get eyedrops into so I can't offer any advice.

« Reply #682 on: 13 May, 2017, 04:48:16 pm »
Looking quite smug as on her walk this afternoon she finally managed to catch a rabbit. Even more amazingly Mrs Pcolbeck got her to drop it before she killed and ate it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #683 on: 13 May, 2017, 06:35:13 pm »
Right now the cats sat on the top of the sofa washing his bits. He is in bad books. Stays out from 10pm all night normally. At 11pm last night crying at the door. I let him in and he runs in and drops a recently killed Yellow Tit at my feet. Sits looking at me for my squeals of delight and thanks. He and Cadaver are promptly ousted into the night.
Nothing left to prove. http://adenough1.blogspot.co.uk/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #684 on: 13 May, 2017, 07:01:59 pm »
Oh dear. Pete was remarkably easy to get eyedrops into so I can't offer any advice.

Sneak attack while they're half asleep, especially if they're inclined to dozing on your lap.  Problem is the second eye, and that they get wary of you after the first few doses.

Eye drops were really easy with Zev, but she was young enough that she had a functional standby button.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #685 on: 13 May, 2017, 09:07:21 pm »
Making stupid high-pitched attention-seeking barky woofs.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #686 on: 14 May, 2017, 12:11:32 pm »
Ninkasi was frog bothering. Frogs can squeak like mice - who knew?

IMG_5924_01 by The Pingus, on Flickr

« Reply #687 on: 14 May, 2017, 12:22:07 pm »
Our Wes used to love chasing frogs. They don't just squeak like mice, they can scream. Particularly when brought into the house on a cold, wet, rainy, windy night, just as we were preparing to go to bed.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #688 on: 14 May, 2017, 03:33:54 pm »
Our Wes used to love chasing frogs. They don't just squeak like mice, they can scream. Particularly when brought into the house on a cold, wet, rainy, windy night, just as we were preparing to go to bed.

Their scream can be quite effective- it's caused my dog to stop in his tracks when he was frog-bothering in the garden.
Sadly my chickens have killed all the frogs off out there now- saw them fighting over something that the came in half and turned out to be Freddie :sick:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #689 on: 14 May, 2017, 03:39:15 pm »

Frogs can do a blood-curdling scream when non-fatally injured by a bothering feline.   :hand:

Our guinea pigs, who had negotiated a stalemate[1] with the cats, used to grant smaller frogs asylum in their hutch...

[1] "We'll come up to the wire and say hello if you don't take a swipe at us" sort of thing.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #690 on: 14 May, 2017, 05:59:45 pm »
Pete is a bit disgruntled because I have spent the afternoon cleaning instead of admiring him.

ian

« Reply #691 on: 15 May, 2017, 12:02:12 pm »

Bad Cat is fine with drops (which is good because she's always injuring her eyes), she just makes a lot of whiny decibels that make it sound like we're dismembering her. Little Monster Cat is impossible. If you wrap her in a towel she'll somehow wind herself inside of it. The vet had to knock her out just to look in her mouth. She'll play dead for a little bit with the vet usually, but once it gets too much, she's all twists and claws.

We made one attempt to dose her and gave up to go and tend our scratches and cuts. Her eye seems to be clearing up anyway. She's about to go to the cattery for a week and they offer a 'medication' service...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #692 on: 15 May, 2017, 12:47:33 pm »
I should point out that Ninkasi was just bothering the frog. She made no attempt to kill it and it hopped off safely into our neighbour's pond.

« Reply #693 on: 17 May, 2017, 10:36:04 pm »

Bad Cat is fine with drops (which is good because she's always injuring her eyes), she just makes a lot of whiny decibels that make it sound like we're dismembering her. Little Monster Cat is impossible. If you wrap her in a towel she'll somehow wind herself inside of it. The vet had to knock her out just to look in her mouth. She'll play dead for a little bit with the vet usually, but once it gets too much, she's all twists and claws.

We made one attempt to dose her and gave up to go and tend our scratches and cuts. Her eye seems to be clearing up anyway. She's about to go to the cattery for a week and they offer a 'medication' service...

Heh, I can well imagine the run around she is giving you. I love 'personality' cats so full kudos to her for that.
If  lived nearby I would offer to come round and help you (if you paid for my bandages after LOL).
I will leave you with this epic kitty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyfNM6y3vU

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #694 on: 17 May, 2017, 11:13:14 pm »
I will leave you with this epic kitty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyfNM6y3vU

"He's escaped the muzzle, so I'm just going to do a lengthy piece to camera about how dangerous an unrestrained sharp end can be, and when I've finished I'll take some blood."

Proof, if it were needed, that vets have superpowers.

« Reply #695 on: 17 May, 2017, 11:16:14 pm »

"He's escaped the muzzle, so I'm just going to do a lengthy piece to camera about how dangerous an unrestrained sharp end can be, and when I've finished I'll take some blood."

Proof, if it were needed, that vets have superpowers.

Actually we don't, but veterinary nurses do  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #696 on: 17 May, 2017, 11:34:41 pm »
Linked video seems more realistic:  Cat fights back, makes a break for it, and they vaccinate him upside-down in the sink.

« Reply #697 on: 18 May, 2017, 12:02:14 am »
Linked video seems more realistic:  Cat fights back, makes a break for it, and they vaccinate him upside-down in the sink.
Have done that also lol. Cats are more epic than people  ;D

« Reply #698 on: 21 May, 2017, 03:45:19 am »
Fast asleep after spending the afternoon running up and down a mountain full of snow!
Spring sun and soft snow is a magical combination.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #699 on: 21 May, 2017, 05:04:05 pm »
One of our labs has not been able to keep food down for the last 24 hours.  He seems perky enough, but anything he eats comes back soon after.

Vet tomorrow.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight