Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208995 times)

ian

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #725 on: 19 June, 2017, 07:15:13 pm »
Now that was fun. My wife, for reasons that defy logic*, decided to let LMC out of her box in the living room. The one with the large, open patio doors. Not in any of the many rooms that don't have wide open patio doors.

So, yes, I just spent two hours looking for a cat in the surrounding streets which involved a lot of crawling, until we finally found her wedged under parked car. Had to poke her out with a stick, cue much hissing. Anyway, she's hiding under the bed upstairs (after getting oil and various oozy cat fluids over the sheets). The cat is under the bed, not my wife. Only because one of them won't fit, mind.

Now I'm hot and bothered.

*apparently because she'd pooed in her basket, but still, surely the bathroom would be more appropriate.

« Reply #726 on: 19 June, 2017, 08:17:21 pm »
Hana had an allergic reaction to *something* last week.  She first had a big welt over her eye and we thought it was a wasp or similar, but it kept bursting and swelling up again and then she developed another one under her other eye.
We took her to the vet, who agreed that it was an allergic something, but could not tell what caused it. She is allergic to raw beef , but normally has no issues with processed beef(kibble). We did change her food recently, but previous cases has been around her mouth (and butt).
Anyways, he prescribed some steroids, which worked great, except they also make her really tired, so she spend the whole weekend sleeping. This morning, I had to work hard to get her out of bed, put her collar on her and while I was trying to find some poo-bags, she started walking back to her bed!.
 Wife is out all day, so I put her in the daycare and at least she seemed moderately happy to be there.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #727 on: 19 June, 2017, 08:31:13 pm »
Aw, poor Hanna.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #728 on: 20 June, 2017, 10:02:52 am »
Hating us, that's what. LMC is still curled up under the bed. I did see her slink out to get some water earlier and scoot back again pronto. She won't come out. She's not normally this bad, and she's not exactly new to visiting the vets to have bits sewed or otherwise fixed, but I guess the trauma of escape and capture didn't help (I think she panicked because of the cone of shame).

I just a tray of painkiller-laced food under the bed. Room service.

Of course, as the cat flap is locked, I have to get up at 2am, 2.20am, 2.47am, 3.12am, 4am, 4.30am, 4.52am, 5.12am, 5.45am, 6.02am, 6.45am, 7.12am etc. to let Bad Cat out.

ian

« Reply #729 on: 21 June, 2017, 11:42:35 am »
We're all friends again now. Though she's really not keen to go outside. Which makes me worry about where she's going to the loo...

« Reply #730 on: 21 June, 2017, 12:25:51 pm »
We're all friends again now. Though she's really not keen to go outside. Which makes me worry about where she's going to the loo...

You said she was hiding under the bed .... ..... .....  :demon:

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #731 on: 21 June, 2017, 05:05:40 pm »
Have you checked your slippers?

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #732 on: 21 June, 2017, 05:47:56 pm »
Comforting my GerMan. His daughter doesn't want to talk to him at the moment (her mother is making things very difficult) so he is very upset. Poppy is lying beside him licking his hand.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #733 on: 21 June, 2017, 07:12:12 pm »
I thought Pete was asleep on my bed, but according to the photos my upstairs neighbours just sent to me via facebook, he's visiting them!
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

ian

« Reply #734 on: 21 June, 2017, 10:28:18 pm »
Have you checked your slippers?

I have checked everywhere, so I suppose she kept it all in or snuck out during the night. There is a little used litter tray under the stairs but, to my knowledge, LMC has never used that. Bad Cat waits for us to clean it out and put fresh litter in and then promptly lays a big stinker in it (any other time, she'll go outside, of course).

ian

« Reply #735 on: 29 June, 2017, 12:25:29 pm »
What Bad Cat is doing now, I've no idea, but it probably involves plotting her next round of mischief. But I know what she was doing. That was removing the drawstring from my best Speedos (trust me, getting 28 inch waist swimming trunks is a challenge). Which mean any especially vigorous turns in the swimming pool are now a fraught affair. It's not the first time she's indulged this particular and peculiar pastime (she loves swimming stuff on account of the chlorine).

Then having retrieved my swimming trunks, I turned around to see her heading out of my office and off towards the stairs with my work mobile phone in her mouth (well, the case with the phone in it). Little shit. I hate to think who she was planning to phone, but she's not having it.

« Reply #736 on: 30 June, 2017, 09:09:42 am »
Years ago I had a cat that would steal my car keys and hide them. It also knew how to turn the bedside alarm off (bop  the large snooze button on the top). Made me so late so many times did that evil little feline.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

ian

« Reply #737 on: 30 June, 2017, 09:44:32 am »
Little Monster Cat steals a lot of stuff and stashes it around the house, usually clothes – she has a thing for socks and PJs. Bad Cat isn't normally much of a thief. The mobile phone thing is a new one, though I suspect I know why I found it in the middle of my office floor the other day now.

Annoyed about my swimming pants though.

« Reply #738 on: 30 June, 2017, 04:59:22 pm »
Last night, I was looking out of my bedroom window and saw Boris The Blade chase a Fox out of the garden. There was a bit of a stand off and the fox said "Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!", but that was it. He was off. 1-0 Blade  :)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #739 on: 30 June, 2017, 07:45:11 pm »
 ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #740 on: 30 June, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »
Hap eh hap eh ho
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

ian

« Reply #741 on: 04 July, 2017, 09:01:15 am »
Bad Cat ate a mouse. All of it. Then sicked it up on the bed as a perfectly cylindrical oesophageal sausage of furry frankenmouse complete with an eyeball in the middle.

I didn't know whether to be impressed or to be sick. I opted for the latter.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #742 on: 04 July, 2017, 07:18:57 pm »
Excellent trolling from Bad Cat there!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #743 on: 18 July, 2017, 02:03:25 pm »
Disgusting dog pulled stuff out of the bottom of the parrot's cage onto the floor.

Me: Raz, Get tae fck out of there!!!

Parrot: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #744 on: 18 July, 2017, 09:32:51 pm »
Megan, the Border Terrorist, is out the back on her thinking step.  It's still not bloody raining.   :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #745 on: 23 July, 2017, 12:04:26 am »
Making this room stink. He was farting earlier. He's been for a walk and he had a crap. I'm wondering if he got some stuck in his fur. I've had a look and I can't see any.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ian

« Reply #746 on: 29 August, 2017, 12:30:23 pm »
Bad Cat is hiding outside from the cleaner. LMC is supervising.

It's hot so I left the back door open. First I had to push Splotch the Cat from up the road out the door (but I'm eating, it said). Then a great big Fox (this cat food stuff is great, it said).

I guess I'll close the back door then.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #747 on: 30 August, 2017, 10:42:08 am »
I suspect that our two are still sulking.

Whilst we moved house they were in a cattery, afterwards we have been keeping them indoors. They still haven't been allowed out yet, despite them both staring, wistfully out of the conservatory windows.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ian

« Reply #748 on: 15 October, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
Bad Cat who had been cleverly annoying by learning to open the wardrobe sliding doors and clambered to her sanctuary on the top shelf has now somehow forgotten how to the open the sliding doors and scratches at them vainly until I do it for her. So she's gone from cleverly annoying to mere annoying. Cats are very dim.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #749 on: 15 October, 2017, 07:27:18 pm »
Under the desk sleeping at my feet.

Let Sleeping Dogs........... by ian, on Flickr