Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 212433 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #850 on: 15 March, 2018, 07:16:59 pm »
Both cats have reappeared, initially in the house...

« Reply #851 on: 16 March, 2018, 07:11:06 am »
Laying eggs.  Big ones!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #852 on: 16 March, 2018, 07:29:56 pm »
Sleeping in a doorway again.

I understand hanging around in archways was the original meaning of fornicating...

« Reply #853 on: 16 March, 2018, 08:19:14 pm »
The 5kg Killing Machine is currently spending the night at the vets. He's been lethargic all week (more than usual for a cat), so we took him in this afternoon - temperature of 40°c and mild dehydration.
It looks as though he might have a bladder problem of some sort.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #854 on: 16 March, 2018, 10:47:03 pm »
Big Tom is now sleeping in the doorway. I hope our cats are OK. They have been dopey this week but seem to feed well and run around between sleeps. I think they've just discovered sleeping on carpets in our heated abode is less stressful than the Great Outdoors.

I would guess Big Tom weighs a LOT more than 5kg!

(Blackie was 2½kg when she was spayed 6 weeks ago and he appears to be two to three times her volume.) 

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #855 on: 20 March, 2018, 09:40:19 pm »
Big Tom has taken up residence on the sofa for now and it suits him most magnificently,

The cats seem to like lying under computer desks overnight; Big Tom chooses my desk and Blackie chooses David's.

David bought a nice big soft cat bed but neither cat has shown any interest in it. Probably doesn't smell 'homely'...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #856 on: 20 March, 2018, 09:49:31 pm »
David bought a nice big soft cat bed but neither cat has shown any interest in it.

This is completely normal and expected.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #857 on: 20 March, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »
David bought a nice big soft cat bed but neither cat has shown any interest in it.

This is completely normal and expected.

The whole house is carpeted so there are plenty of soft, quiet places. Computer desks are semi-enclosed, giving them a little 'house'. Other 'little house' sleeping locations include the towel-draped bathroom chair (conveniently in front of the radiator) and the dining table.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #858 on: 23 March, 2018, 03:28:23 pm »
Was out in the garden with the dogs just now when a grey poodle that had been mooching about outside came over to the fence for a chat. While this was in progress a wee white car drew up, and the driver got out and said "oh, there you are". The poodle shrank away and started into the road, but stopped as a car approached. Driver whipped it up in his arms, gave it three smart whacks on the bum, tossed it in the back of the car, saying "naughty!" to it in no very nice manner, and then drove off.

No wonder it wandered off to start with, the poor wee bugger.  I did say something to him when he whacked it, but it was water off a duck's back. Arsehole.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #859 on: 23 March, 2018, 04:01:27 pm »
Blackie escaped from the front door yesterday and has not been seen since.

Most of the houses hereabouts now have little space twixt front and back and whilst the back gardens are familiar territory, the street side is not. Hopefully sh'll reappear eventually. David is not happy!

Big Tom has been sleeping under my desk; he was very vocal around 6am but settled and has not yet emerged from his slumbers.

ETA he arose @ 16.00 and is eating now.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #860 on: 23 March, 2018, 08:12:53 pm »
Milly the Cat is sitting on the arm of the chair next to me.  She's just recovering from a few, recent vet visits that resulted in lots of kitty swear words being thrown in the vet's direction and her biting my finger when I collected her. I was not amused since the little monkey had just just cost me nearly £500.

About 4 months ago Milly was diagnosed with feline diabetes and required low carbohydrate cat food, and twice daily insulin injections.  However, the early hours of Friday morning last week, she became hypoglycaemic and I ended up feeding her honey and doing a mad rush to the vets.  By the time I got her to the vets she was more with it although her blood sugars were still very low.  They gave her lots of naughty treats and after an hour she perked up no end, and I brought her home with the orders of no more insulin, feed her every hour and take back to the vets as soon as they open. It appears that Milly may have gone into spontaneous recovery - cats can do that with diabetes.  So she is now being monitored for the next month with diabetic food but no insulin.  it may be that she no longer needs insulin or she might need a much much lower dose of insulin although since her glucose levels remained stable during a curve test on Monday, this is unlikely. 

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #861 on: 23 March, 2018, 09:44:19 pm »
Hello Lou!

They think she's recovered over only a week?  Boggles ???
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #862 on: 23 March, 2018, 10:56:01 pm »
A 'honeymoon phase' with minimal/zero insulin requirement is also sometimes observed in human diabetics, after the blood sugar is initially stabilised.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #863 on: 25 March, 2018, 08:43:20 am »
Hello both   ;D

Milly has been on insulin for about 4 months.  I have been watching her closely and a little concerned, so will be calling the vets later.  She's drinking a lot of water again, so I think she may still need some help

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #864 on: 25 March, 2018, 01:46:31 pm »
Blackie has been AWOL for 72 hours.
Big Tom has taken to sitting on the bar chair I usually inhabit. We were rather surprised to see this large, lumbering beast jump so high!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #865 on: 28 March, 2018, 11:53:45 pm »
Blackie reappeared this evening after an absence of 6½ days. Looks like she's not eaten much.
Big Tom was VERY pleased to have her back.
Both seemed to tuck in well.
Big Tom is very vocal, Blackie almost silent.

Both running amok round the house.

« Reply #866 on: 30 March, 2018, 05:37:56 pm »
Sleeping. She’s a cat after all.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #867 on: 02 April, 2018, 10:04:20 am »
Looking sad. She vomited everywhere last night but seemed fine this morning. Just got back from a short walk and she has thrown up again.
I suspect the little minx ate something really horrid and rotten - she is half Labrador.
A gentle diet of chicken and rice for a couple of days I think.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #868 on: 02 April, 2018, 12:20:31 pm »
Big Tom is resting under my computer desk. I don't know where Blackie lurks. There is no sound and they'll sleep anywhere...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #869 on: 03 April, 2018, 12:13:55 am »
Managed inadvertently to shut Blackie in downstairs loo for 2½ hours tonight.
I used loo prior to preparing supper, was sure she was in the house. Big Tom investigated a little meow but retreated alone. David couldn't see Blackie anywhere.
Eventually we both heard her David opened loo door and she sprang out, unharmed.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #870 on: 03 April, 2018, 05:07:33 pm »
Amusing David by being slow to learn how to use the newly-installed cat flap in the kitchen door.

They mastered an identical flap in the garage door a while back.

ian

« Reply #871 on: 05 April, 2018, 11:36:36 am »
Off to the cattery for the second time in two weeks. Happy not. They didn't go quietly or easily. LMC was recovered from under the guest room bed (which involved some disassembly) and then four pairs of hands to manhandle her into the box. Bad Cat hid under the sofa in my office. I tried to coax her out with treats, but other than a prolonged period of watching the oooo-treats-no-it's-a-trap argument circle her tiny brain, that wasn't working. Eventually had to shift the sofa and grab her before she wriggled back under it. Unlike LMC – a transdimensional twisting dervish with scything claws that should only be apprehended by suitably qualified personnel in certified PPE – she just turns herself into a big deadweight. Several plaintive miaows later she was in the box. I think it only took about 40 minutes. They're eligible for release on Sunday, we're only going away for the weekend.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #872 on: 07 April, 2018, 10:47:33 pm »
I think one of ours left us present by the front door this morning  ::-)

(click to show/hide)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #873 on: 07 April, 2018, 11:13:28 pm »
Sat in my seat.
Bit me when I tried to dislodge him.

Some people!

« Reply #874 on: 08 April, 2018, 01:16:15 am »
Was earlier on today not right now- but Simon took the dog and 3 cats for a walk (the cats were technically not invited but didn't get the memo). Sapphie got stuck up a tree and he very nearly had to come home to fetch a step ladder  ;D

IMG_1545 by Lara Day, on Flickr