Author Topic: Hotel in Rome?  (Read 1028 times)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
Hotel in Rome?
« on: 27 March, 2014, 08:53:15 pm »
Hopefully will be going to Rome for Autumn half term week (end October?)

Looking for hotel recommendations - ideally walkable to tourist areas, but anything considered. I'm not sure if "nice but not too pricey" exists, but that gives an idea of what we are looking for.

Thanks.

Re: Hotel in Rome?
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2014, 09:07:38 pm »
Damn yes we had a great one and it was with in a k of the bus station. We are struggling to remember the name but it was a damn good price and excellent for walking distance. We will check maps tomorrow.

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »
Hotel Pace Helvezia

We stayed here 5 or 6 years ago, and my brother picked it completely independently a year later. The reason? Excellent location for main tourist areas and reasonable price. Easy to stroll out to the Colosseum and Forum. If I remember correctly we walked everywhere except we got a bus to the Vatican for an early start although we walked back.

Just looked at the prices though, it seems a lot more than I remember :-(

fuzzy

« Reply #3 on: 28 March, 2014, 11:00:15 am »
Hotel Napoleon

Fairly easy access to most of the city. We walked to the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.

The hotel entrance a few meters from an underground station entrance.

Staff are nice and friendly and the manager invited us (and most of the other gusts probably) to a wine tasting evening.

We stayed a couple of years ago and liked it.

« Reply #4 on: 28 March, 2014, 02:29:07 pm »
We rented an appartment right next to the Coloseum a few years ago (in Via del Colloseo).  I prefer appartments and it worked out pretty cheap with 2 kids (not needing 2 hotel rooms).  It was called "Martina al Colosseo"

« Reply #5 on: 28 March, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »
Sorry to say we cant find it again.

Tips though. Book a tour for the Vatican and Colosseum. Two reasons. Looks a bit pricey from the outside but when you see the queues esp the Vatican one, (3k in our case) it made the price VERY reasonable. The colosseum for the info the guides have.

At dusk try to be somewhere high and watch the starlings perform... just an awesome sight. We watched every night.

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.