Random Musings > Grow Your Own

How many home indoor potted plants do you have?

(1/3) > >>

andyoxon:
The plants should be alive, & growing in any substrate/liquid to count.  ;)

Mrs Pingu:
Any particular reason for asking?
I have 3, a geranium that an old neighbour gave me, a bombproof Christmas cactus that flowers at random intervals and a money plant that was an unwanted gift.
Once upon a time I had a couple of streptocarpus from my mum's collection but I can't remember what happened to them.
I could probably fit a few more on the living room window but I don't seem to have the same love for houseplants as those outdoors, probably because they're not covered in pollinators.

andyoxon:
Interested mainly, as I think we have too many.   :)   I recently spend some time rationalising the plants, & opted not to overwinter any chilli plants indoors this year.  Three citrus plant pots are also now attempting to last the winter in a small poly tunnel, with pots & plants bubble wrapped.  One room has 9 cacti pots - one large & eight small.  Miniao's Monstera & Dragon tree plant keep getting bigger.  Also been thinking about pot plants & condensation...  tho epiphytes are apparently quite good at extracting moisture from air.

andyoxon:
Please feel free to also express the data as plants/room ratio...  :)

T42:
Our windows are relatively small and mostly in the shadow of our lower auvent. In any case they open inwards so pot-plants are a PITA for ventilating the place. MrsT, however, has a few shade-friendly plants such as gawky orchids and the like that haven't been knocked flying yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version