Author Topic: Bad Timing  (Read 1626 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Bad Timing
« on: 16 August, 2008, 08:29:50 pm »
On our way home the other night, I had Superstoker on his own solo, just building up his confidence at riding in the dark.  We began to descend the last hill, and I was giving him running guidance and encouragement.

I had just reassured him with the words, 'Don't worry - you have a nice bright light and you're easy to see so no one will pull out on you.', when a car turned out of a sideroad dangerously close to Butterfly ahead of us.

'Bother', I thought: Bad timing.  But not as bad as what happened next.

A white van came up to the give way line on the right hand side of the road.  And didn't stop!  :o >:(  He shot across Superstoker's bows, as the lad, credit to him, managed a swift stop in a straight line without falling off, close to, but not in collision with, the side of the van.

I shouted after the dangerous idiot, so he was absolutely sure of what he'd done, but I didn't chase because SS needed comfort.

I boil with rage.  >:( >:( >:(
Getting there...

Re: Bad Timing
« Reply #1 on: 16 August, 2008, 09:54:54 pm »
Congratulate SS on his superb bike handling. Tell him how well he did. Then have a chat about what he's learnt from the episode.

Re: Bad Timing
« Reply #2 on: 25 August, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »
Ian has the right idea. Sorry this had to happen; here's hoping he [edit: Superstoker, not Ian] can adapt and keep at it.
scottclark.photoshelter.com