Author Topic: Round The Year Randonneurs Log  (Read 425968 times)

Re: Round The Year Randonneurs Log
« Reply #400 on: 06 September, 2010, 09:51:28 am »
OCT  Denmead - WYLYE AND EBBLE VALLEY (Postie's ride)
NOV  UPPER THAMES 200
DEC  The South Bucks Winter Warmer (Dec multiple p*nct*r* misery)
JAN  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
FEB  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
FEB  The Kennett Valley Run 200
MAR  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
APR  TASTE OF THE TEST 200 PERM
APR  Denmead 400 PERM
MAY  Wu'ze 400
MAY  BCM600
JUN  Winton 200 (Kingsworthy)
JUL  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
AUG TASTE OF THE TEST 200 PERM (post holiday unfitness and headwind misery)

1 ride to go..
SEP New Forest On/Off Shore 200 - Hopefully complete my 1st RRTY with my favourite 200

Ker-ching! DONE!!
My first RRTY completed

Any further RRTYs will be pure chance, I'm not going to bust a gut to get out in winter if the weather is bad again.
Very well done Lee  :thumbsup: Glad I was there to congratulate you at the end of the On/Off Shore yesterday. Trust you celebrated well once you got home?
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

« Reply #401 on: 06 September, 2010, 09:58:09 am »
OCT  Denmead - WYLYE AND EBBLE VALLEY (Postie's ride)
NOV  UPPER THAMES 200
DEC  The South Bucks Winter Warmer (Dec multiple p*nct*r* misery)
JAN  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
FEB  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
FEB  The Kennett Valley Run 200
MAR  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
APR  TASTE OF THE TEST 200 PERM
APR  Denmead 400 PERM
MAY  Wu'ze 400
MAY  BCM600
JUN  Winton 200 (Kingsworthy)
JUL  ANORAKS DELIGHT 200 PERM
AUG TASTE OF THE TEST 200 PERM (post holiday unfitness and headwind misery)

1 ride to go..
SEP New Forest On/Off Shore 200 - Hopefully complete my 1st RRTY with my favourite 200

Ker-ching! DONE!!
My first RRTY completed

Any further RRTYs will be pure chance, I'm not going to bust a gut to get out in winter if the weather is bad again.

:thumbsup:  Chapeau Lee!

« Reply #402 on: 06 September, 2010, 10:06:10 am »
Forgot to say Lee - make sure you buy the badge (it's a cloth one) and carry it with pride!
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

LEE

« Reply #403 on: 07 September, 2010, 10:04:32 am »
Forgot to say Lee - make sure you buy the badge (it's a cloth one) and carry it with pride!

It's on my shopping list. 
It will go on the Carradice, next to my SR medal.  They both involved a certain degree of suffering so I'm not ashamed to display them with pride.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #404 on: 07 September, 2010, 03:27:05 pm »
Congrats LEE :thumbsup:
SR next? :demon:

LEE

« Reply #405 on: 07 September, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »
Congrats LEE :thumbsup:
SR next? :demon:

Got my SR a couple of years ago and then again this year.  My third and final one will be next year I reckon, a necessary evil for PBP.  I think I'd have got SR last year as well but for a bike problem, I'll never know and I'm not bothered now, I don't collect points or repeat painful events if I can avoid it.  I have a  "been there, done that" mentality, if it hurts a lot then once is enough (see Wu'ze 400).

I really enjoy 200s, I think they are the perfect Audax distance.  They are long enough to make a day of it, short enough to avoid riding through the night, easy enough to allow time for a pub lunch but difficult enough to demand keeping in shape.  

Most of it is about PBP now.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #406 on: 03 October, 2010, 12:25:08 pm »
My first RRtY began in January and that's going fine, but worryingly I've got a second one on the go at the moment.

May: Brevet Cymru & Bryan Chapman Memorial
June: DIY300 & DIY600
July: Cambrian 3A Perm & The Lowlands1200
August: Lincolnshire Cross & DIY300

Note to self: Only ride one event in September or October to ensure you don't get tempted to keep both RRtYs alive during November and December.

I'm putting this in writing to force myself to be sensible.

During September I only rode the Northern Dales 200, which means RRtY #2 is dead. Phew!
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

mikewigley

« Reply #407 on: 03 October, 2010, 07:49:39 pm »
Martin's post reminds me that I'll be putting together the list for the 2011 Handbook before the end of December.  If your details shown on www.tinyurl.com/PeakAudaxRRTY aren't up-to-date, I need a PM from you.

And your AUK membership number might be useful, just in case your YACF name is unhelpful.  If Martin is who I think he is (and I'm pretty sure I'm right), that "3" will soon be a "4"

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #408 on: 04 October, 2010, 12:00:38 am »
Martin's post reminds me that I'll be putting together the list for the 2011 Handbook before the end of December.  If your details shown on www.tinyurl.com/PeakAudaxRRTY aren't up-to-date, I need a PM from you.

And your AUK membership number might be useful, just in case your YACF name is unhelpful.  If Martin is who I think he is (and I'm pretty sure I'm right), that "3" will soon be a "4"

I am hoping my 11 will read 12 by then. On schedule (Did Oct, my Cider with Rosie 200 (Cal 10 Oct), yesterday - Sat) for Dec finish, with No 13 half way (by then) too.  How about that Ultra (in Platinum or Gold) badge?

How about compiling a RRTY based on consecutive - I am on 7-5, planning on Ultra, a really tall order?
SteveP
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

mikewigley

« Reply #409 on: 04 October, 2010, 08:54:48 am »
The thought of recording the different nuances of multiple RRTYs - whether they are a continuous run or include a break between years - is too much to contemplate.

I've also decided to stop counting at 10, the so-called Ultra RRTY (thanks for the name suggestion Steve).  Having said that, I think I would be interested to hear of anyone passing particular landmarks after that, such as at 15, 20, ....

LEE

« Reply #410 on: 04 October, 2010, 09:01:46 am »
Just out of interest, what do I now need to do to get my RRTY badge?

« Reply #411 on: 04 October, 2010, 06:27:35 pm »
a few quid!  ;D

mikewigley

« Reply #412 on: 05 October, 2010, 11:49:12 am »

If you are listed on the www.peakaudax.co.uk website in the RRTY roll of honour then I need £1.80 from you.  I accept cash at the AGM, a cheque while your bank still issues them, and I take PayPal transfers.  Have a look at "How to claim" on the Peak Audax website.  If you are not listed, I need you membership number so I can look up your rides on the AUK website.  I see that there is a Lee in the roll of honour, which I gather is you.

LEE

« Reply #413 on: 05 October, 2010, 12:00:55 pm »

If you are listed on the www.peakaudax.co.uk website in the RRTY roll of honour then I need £1.80 from you.  I accept cash at the AGM, a cheque while your bank still issues them, and I take PayPal transfers.  Have a look at "How to claim" on the Peak Audax website.  If you are not listed, I need you membership number so I can look up your rides on the AUK website.  I see that there is a Lee in the roll of honour, which I gather is you.

Blimey! I'm on a Roll of Honour.

PayPal sent

« Reply #414 on: 05 October, 2010, 04:18:11 pm »
How big is the badge? I was thinking of making a bikini top with RRTY on the left and flèche on the right for my AGM outfit.

« Reply #415 on: 05 October, 2010, 04:46:35 pm »
A smidgen smaller than than the 200k badge and I think a little thinner.

Pick sides carefully.

LEE

« Reply #416 on: 05 October, 2010, 09:18:10 pm »
How big is the badge? I was thinking of making a bikini top with RRTY on the left and flèche on the right for my AGM outfit.

With some careful piercing you could use the regular 200/300/400/600km metal badges.

« Reply #417 on: 05 October, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »
Mine went down the pan in September, when camping woz moar fun than riding  :thumbsup:

Will still try and do one a month over the winter to keep fit

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #418 on: 05 October, 2010, 10:44:57 pm »

Surely those badges will barely cover your gigantic, yet splendid, brown nipples.

I would imagine.

H

« Reply #419 on: 06 October, 2010, 10:21:43 am »
Those pictures were supposed to be for your eyes only H!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #420 on: 06 October, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »
Sorry sweetie, too good not too share.

To the Portsmouth and Gosport Rotarians, you are Ms October.

H

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #421 on: 14 October, 2010, 05:25:07 pm »
Subject to validation of the last two rides, October's seen me finish off 2 a month for the last 24 months  :)

NovemberTransporter 200DIY 300
December DIY 200DIY 200
JanuaryDIY 200Dr Fosters Winter Warmer 200
February Malmesbury Mash 200 Gospel Pass ECE 150+50
March Mr. Pickwick's March Madness 200    Mad March Coasts and Quantocks 200
April Easter Arrow 400 Dorset Coast 200
May Brevet Cymru 400 Wu’Ze 400
June Avalon Sunrise 400 3D 300
July Hellfire Perm 600 Mille Cymru 1000
August Cambrian 8A Perm 800 DIY 200
September        Ferryside Fish Foray 200 Beyond Shropshire 200
October DIY 200 Gower Getter 200

I plan to let one fizzle out in November/December time.

« Reply #422 on: 16 October, 2010, 07:08:18 am »

Brilliant!

Mine fizzled out, for no good reason, in September. Failure to raise enthusiasm after 66 months.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #423 on: 16 October, 2010, 11:55:09 am »

Brilliant!

Mine fizzled out, for no good reason, in September. Failure to raise enthusiasm after 66 months.

I know what you mean Tony.  I have an Ultra+  + a 7 1/2yr consecutive and am currently on Nos 12 & 13 doing at least 2x200/mth (since Jan 08).  Put Oct No 2 (13/5) into the bank yesterday and made it a 2.5AAA (my Gospel Pass 200 Perm). My mind is now set on winter-style preparation (clothes, tyres, m/gs, lights), a far memory to last winter and distinctly different to the heights of summer on a light bike and kit.

I think it is the winter that brings out the hardy side of this game. I am just glad that I am not confined to the narrow weekend window when choosing weather. Crisp dry cold days have a special character but the nights are best done in the dry. Cold rain is a special displeasure. Now, I have set myself a target of an AAARTY on 200km(or +), which means doing the GP200 through to Feb 11. Just hope all my efforts come to a worthwhile achievement. I have the penalty of a bionic left hip (since Jan 2000); I would hate it to wear out at a critical moment.
SteveP
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #424 on: 24 October, 2010, 12:18:07 am »
Halfway through mine now.

May '10        Eccleshall 200, DIY200, The Lincoln 400
June            DIY200, Spurn Head 400
July             Seething 600
August         York-Cambridge-York 400
September   Dark & White Peak 200
October       Tour of the Wolds 200

And for the second half:

November    Eureka 200
December    Probably a DIY200 up to Bishop Aukland
January '11  Mere 200 or a perm
February      Newport or a perm
March          Pollag S'niplig 200 or The Red Rose Ride or Chirk, choices choices choices!
April            Easter Arrow and hopefully the Sheffrec Full Monty as well