Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 08:22:37 am »
Yes, start again at regular intervals.

I'd just like to add that a squid eating dough in a Polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Online Banking Problem.
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 08:19:12 am »
And now, without any intervention or changes she can log on again…….   She’s done it a couple of times to make sure it was ok.
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Online Banking Problem.
« Last post by fruitcake on Today at 08:11:15 am »
Can the 2FA landline number be substituted for a mobile number? That way the verification code would not go through the BT hub. It could also be sent as SMS which may be more convenient.
Racing / Re: A random racing thread for non Grand Tour stuff.
« Last post by Flite on Today at 07:51:17 am »
(click to show/hide)
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by phantasmagoriana on Today at 07:37:28 am »
Fortunately, it seems I may not need to resort to destruction: checking back through thousands of cat photos on my phone, I realised that I had the sense to take a photo of the key when I first got it, so a replacement is now on order from Kryptonite.

On second thoughts, I'm not confident of getting this any time soon: looking back at my Kryptonite account, I can see that I ordered a spare for my New York lock, having lost one (but, crucially, not all!), in February 2023. It's been so long that I'd forgotten I'd even ordered it; needless to say, no key has arrived. :-\

If similar wait times are to be expected, I might need that angle grinder after all...

EDIT: Looking through their Facebook page, reports of their customer service are...not good. Think I may have to write off the $20 I've paid for replacement keys and go and spend £25 on an angle grinder from Lidl! The combined cost will be more than I paid for the bike in the first place. :(
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by robgul on Today at 07:19:57 am »
Club run around Warwickshire (I was Ride Captain) - just 39.7 miles but as that constitutes 23% of my total mileage for 2024 I was suffering a bit when I got back to the start, especially the retur run into strong headwinds.   Upside was an excellent pub, where we had not been before - The Tom O'The Wood at Rowington.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 07:12:29 am »
You could reduce it considerably by deleting the replies referring to Half Man Half Biscuit.

And I belive the above may actually be a HMHB song
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 07:00:10 am »
Wordle 1,034 2/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The Pub / Re: eBay rant
« Last post by Adam on Today at 06:41:15 am »
..... I would recommend high value items with Royal Mail since Evri won't complete an investigation into a lost package until up to 30 workings days. No customer wants to wait for a refund that long so you could well refund the customer and then the package gets delivered later on and so you will be out of pocket. Royal Mail are much better in this regards.

In fact you have to start the procedure with Evri before 30 days are up.  Once it gets to 30 days, they say you've left it too late! 
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 06:09:53 am »
Wordle 1,034 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

#LeMOT 831 3/6

🟦🟧⬜⬜🟧
⬜🟧⬜🟦🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
#LeMotLeJeu