Author Topic: Kit fallen off your bike...  (Read 4597 times)

Re: Kit fallen off your bike...
« Reply #25 on: 14 November, 2019, 06:53:13 pm »
With all this kit going missing why are we not finding items on the roadside verges etc. ? I think I remember a thread a while back on the subject of items found.

« Reply #26 on: 14 November, 2019, 06:55:26 pm »
With all this kit going missing why are we not finding items on the roadside verges etc. ? I think I remember a thread a while back on the subject of items found.

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=53164.0 aka the Blodwyn Pig's swag thread...

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #27 on: 14 November, 2019, 07:03:15 pm »
i've lost a flask of energy gel on pbp2015, it jumped out of unzipped tri-bag into a ditch as i was just about to take a sip. i think that's the only thing (apart from an odd water bottle bouncing out) that i managed to lose, i rarely carry the stuff on a bike, so chances of stuff falling off are pretty low.

« Reply #28 on: 14 November, 2019, 07:39:43 pm »
My old trice had a major problem with vibration caused metel fatigue on light fittings mainly which been mainly cured by the suspension on the newer machine. I still have the occasional part escape but very rarely  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #29 on: 14 November, 2019, 07:52:39 pm »
The most common and consistent thing falling off my bike would be me.   :-[
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #30 on: 14 December, 2019, 11:35:16 am »
I lost a smart lED rear light on cycle to do Christmas shopping today. Didn't realise till I found a smart LED light in my cycle home from Christmas shopping.

Would suggest I was the only person who had used that route this morning or other people don't share my magpie instinct

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #31 on: 14 December, 2019, 11:45:09 am »
You're lucky you don't live near Blodwyn Pig!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #32 on: 17 December, 2019, 05:43:57 pm »
on my inaugural cycle touring trip i bought alpkit panniers without clips.  I then tried to use ordinary velcro to hold them on and of course it did not work for very long.

I rode on for about 2-3 miles before noticing and was just about to turn round and head back up the road when a very nice lady in a small BMW pulled in beside me and gave me my pannier.  She had been walking her dog, noticed the pannier on the ground, raced home, got her car and headed off to find me.

Not all BMW drivers are bad.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #33 on: 17 December, 2019, 09:03:15 pm »

Somewhere in Amsterdam there is a Cateye Volt800 light. it either got pinched while I was making a collection, or it fell off while riding.

Oops.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #34 on: 18 January, 2020, 06:22:15 pm »
Today.  Clatter, clatter.  Half my tool kit from open side pocket of 'barley' on to road.  Had to retrieve it from the bridge over the Thames - all OK.   ::-)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #35 on: 18 January, 2020, 06:24:01 pm »
Discovered earlier that the several of lipsalvs that I'd lost from my jacket pocket on previous rides were in fact rattling around inside the lining.  Those familiar with recumbents will guess how I made this discovery...

Phil W

« Reply #36 on: 18 January, 2020, 08:29:59 pm »
Phone and wallet. No strictly off bike but jacket pocket whilst riding recumbent. Zip pocket up and check next time!