Author Topic: printing and framing a digital photo  (Read 2964 times)

printing and framing a digital photo
« on: 24 March, 2022, 01:56:42 pm »
I have some photos that are very precious to me and would like to get a few of them printed and framed. Does anyone have experience of and can recommend services that do this?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: printing and framing a digital photo
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2022, 06:50:21 pm »
I've always had prints printed, then framed at a local framer, so can't help on a 'complete' service.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
Ditto. The value of a 'split' service is that you get to choose the frame suitable for the subject. There are literally dozens to choose from.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2022, 03:30:50 pm »
Photo box do all in one services, framed, frameless, canvas etc.

« Reply #4 on: 25 March, 2022, 04:07:31 pm »
Aye, I found several online, including photobox.

Was looking for an all in one service as there aren't exactly a lot of picture framers near me.

These are just photos of sentimental value. Some are digital, some are digital photos of old prints. I don't have the originals anymore.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #5 on: 26 March, 2022, 07:11:21 am »
You may or may not be aware that there are some smart AI photo restoring services/software available these days - I've bene watching with interest but not actually tried any yet.

« Reply #6 on: 26 March, 2022, 05:02:36 pm »
if using photobox make sure you google a discount code - only last week I saved more than half price on a photobook vz £10.99 of the price of £19.99.  I was initially disappointed they had raised the  price of the book from £11.99 to £19.99 as the last order day for Mother's Day had passed (which was not my concern) but 55% discount code from vouchers'r'us or whatever soon sorted that.  I have always found the quality  of their books and large prints better than others.

diapsaon0

• Advena ego sum in terra
« Reply #7 on: 01 April, 2022, 08:16:26 am »
You could scan them, edit and tidy them up in Photoshop, and then either make a print from a good printer or - as I've been doing lately with B&W, make an acetate 'negative'  (after inverting the image) and then print them in a darkroom.  I've been making cyanotypes like that recently.
Advena ego sum in Terra

« Reply #8 on: 01 April, 2022, 07:26:46 pm »
You could scan them, edit and tidy them up in Photoshop, and then either make a print from a good printer or - as I've been doing lately with B&W, make an acetate 'negative'  (after inverting the image) and then print them in a darkroom.  I've been making cyanotypes like that recently.

Next, Platinum-Palladium?