Author Topic: The Carradice Ladies  (Read 31455 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: The Carradice Ladies
« Reply #50 on: 10 December, 2009, 12:08:48 pm »
Nice hat bobb.  You'll be getting a new one tomorrow night.  The Festive Magic Bag with Flashing Lights TM will provide  ;D

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #51 on: 10 December, 2009, 12:19:14 pm »
Terling ford is evil. I once spent about 2 hours there trying to restart my car after I'd driven through it at speed when I was about 18. I believe the longest ford in the UK is somewhere in Herts - I would like to visit it  :P

Clicky.  Longest ford in the UK is said to be either Debenham (Suffolk) or Furneux Pelham (Herts).
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #52 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:13:07 pm »
I had the pleasure of riding much of LEL with Franco Paoletti from Cuneo in Northern Italy. When I explained about the Carradice Ladies to him he said was very pleased with his "hand made by Preesheella" Barley.
I've been to Cuneo! Hitch-hiking around Europe many years ago with a small tent & a lesbian, we stopped off there.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #53 on: 10 December, 2009, 02:22:50 pm »
I had the pleasure of riding much of LEL with Franco Paoletti from Cuneo in Northern Italy. When I explained about the Carradice Ladies to him he said was very pleased with his "hand made by Preesheella" Barley.
I've been to Cuneo! Hitch-hiking around Europe many years ago with a small tent & a lesbian, we stopped off there.

Nearly right. Must try harder.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #54 on: 10 December, 2009, 07:40:03 pm »
Terling ford is evil. I once spent about 2 hours there trying to restart my car after I'd driven through it at speed when I was about 18. I believe the longest ford in the UK is somewhere in Herts - I would like to visit it  :P

Clicky.  Longest ford in the UK is said to be either Debenham (Suffolk) or Furneux Pelham (Herts).

I though it was Sutton Gault - although to be fair I suppose it is more of a wet road than a ford as such.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #55 on: 10 December, 2009, 08:06:42 pm »

Clicky.  Longest ford in the UK is said to be either Debenham (Suffolk) or Furneux Pelham (Herts).

Both in the superb [http://www.bike99.com/21.html]50 quirky bike rides for family and friends, free from freightlining juggernauts and white van road rage, in eco-friendly, carbon neutral, naturally blissful, thrills and hills, on a hunch, over lunch, brooks beckon, waves lap, wind whizzes through tunnels of love and spectacular sweeps of bridges and gorges, the bendiest, whizziest, twistiest, zingiest, prettiest, peakiest, bumpyest, bounciest, hilliest, rockiest, bestest, bestest, bike rides in England and Wales. Ever. safe 50 Quirky Bike Rides...in England and Wale[/url]

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #56 on: 12 December, 2009, 08:29:15 am »
A thought occurs to me.

What if, as a tribute to those hard working women at Carradice, we put together a calendar of some sort?

Of course, we would want to have as many of the Carradice bag range included as possible with the owners proudly displaying their beloved duck cotton fitmly fixed on their trusty steeds.

And, to make it all the more topical, there could be a degree of nudity involved albeit tastefully dealt with.

I am happy to pull something like this together and perhaps contribute if needs be (as I am hoping to purchase a Barley for Christmas).

Are there another 11 takers?

We would need to move quickly.

H

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #57 on: 12 December, 2009, 09:52:15 am »
I have a Barley too.  It's big enough to cover my modesty.

John Henry

« Reply #58 on: 12 December, 2009, 09:59:49 am »
Hmm. There's a fine line between risqué fun and indecent exposure, and I'm not sure Hummers is quite the man to decide where that line is.  :P

I suppose on a cold day my new Barley might just be up to the job...  ;)

« Reply #59 on: 23 December, 2011, 11:11:33 pm »
Ha ha very funny idea but us carradice ladies prefer a man that needs a camper long flap to cover his bits and bobs  not a small barley bag

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #60 on: 24 December, 2011, 09:57:38 pm »
You mean this sort of thing?

March by davidmamartin, on Flickr

Not the usual sort of bag, but it does for a scotsman..

(I hope you notice that it is a 10-speed shimano chain holding the sporran up.)
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #61 on: 25 December, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »
(I hope you notice that it is a 10-speed shimano chain holding the sporran up.)

It has to be said that it looks a bit slack  -  but I am glad that it isn't any slacker.

« Reply #62 on: 04 January, 2012, 02:09:32 pm »
A thought occurs to me.

What if, as a tribute to those hard working women at Carradice, we put together a calendar of some sort?

Of course, we would want to have as many of the Carradice bag range included as possible with the owners proudly displaying their beloved duck cotton fitmly fixed on their trusty steeds.

And, to make it all the more topical, there could be a degree of nudity involved albeit tastefully dealt with.

I am happy to pull something like this together and perhaps contribute if needs be (as I am hoping to purchase a Barley for Christmas).

Are there another 11 takers?

We would need to move quickly.

H

I'll volunteer to be the caped crusader.  But I won't be giving you a twirl..

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #63 on: 04 January, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »
I can do a Super C shot or two

« Reply #64 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »
That is obviously the latest storm proof model.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #65 on: 12 January, 2012, 12:56:14 pm »
How do you tell which Lady from Carradice made you bag  ???

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #66 on: 12 January, 2012, 01:01:32 pm »
There is a label sewn onto the inside of the bag with  Lady's name on it

ETA but no phone number,regretably :demon: ;D

« Reply #67 on: 12 January, 2012, 01:46:00 pm »

Thanks I will take a look... you never know :thumbsup:

« Reply #68 on: 25 February, 2012, 03:12:39 pm »

Thanks I will take a look... you never know :thumbsup:

« Reply #69 on: 25 February, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »
Did you look then? Who made your bag ?is there a label inside?

« Reply #70 on: 25 February, 2012, 09:10:16 pm »
Where have the super c panniers gone? I would prefer to go down the carradice route rather than Orlieb but they are noticeable by their absence.

« Reply #71 on: 26 February, 2012, 11:55:18 am »

« Reply #72 on: 26 February, 2012, 03:48:34 pm »
Thanks Matt now why didnt I think of that...... ::-)

« Reply #73 on: 26 February, 2012, 06:10:09 pm »
Just unpacked my new Barley. It is a DEBB:thumbsup:

« Reply #74 on: 21 April, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »
Yesterday I did something I have been meaning to do since I found YACF: I visited the Carradice factory in Nelson where the ladies make the bags. (Well I do live in Colne, 2 miles away.)

I was really looking forward to meeting these famous people! Unfortunately it was 3 o'clock on a Friday afternoon, and they had all gone, and the building was deserted. All apart from a very helpful gentleman called David who helped me find a suitable bar bag for my new bike - a CarraDry Handlebar Bag - at an extremely good seconds price.

Unfortunately I now discover it has no signature on the label. Possibly because it is a second? Another visit may be in order.