Author Topic: Sore throat and dry cough for over 3 weeks  (Read 456 times)

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
Sore throat and dry cough for over 3 weeks
« on: 07 April, 2024, 08:03:36 pm »
Also with achy muscles and shivering fits. 

It’s begin to irritate, any advice other seeing a doctor?

Have been resting and drinking loads

Thanks

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Sore throat and dry cough for over 3 weeks
« Reply #1 on: 07 April, 2024, 09:25:23 pm »
Have you tested yourself for covid?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 07 April, 2024, 09:32:49 pm »
There is a brutal non-covid virus going around here in the east Midlands, certainly among older folk.
It starts pretty much as you describe although I've not heard of the shivers lasting as long as you describe.
It seems to end up like a bad cold but with a dry cough.
I've had it, and even after nearly three weeks feel utterly drained.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2024, 12:21:03 am »
Sister Sprogs and I have this. Been around 4/5 weeks already! Sometimes it's coughing fits with every other breath! Sleeping is Impossible in those episodes, and the Muscle Aches are pretty Nasty, sometimes in places that you wouldn't think there was any rhyme or reason for!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 14 April, 2024, 01:13:54 am »
Have you been tested for Whooping Cough?

« Reply #5 on: 14 April, 2024, 09:44:44 am »
Have you been tested for Whooping Cough?

Not wishing to spread fear, but a friend of mine has been really ill with whooping cough for weeks.....it got so bad he had bruising all down one side of his body!!!
He's gradually coming out of it now...with medical help of course....but it took a while.

On the less severe side, it would seem there's lots of sore throat viral stuff going around. I have a dose myself, and just feel so drained and fatigued.
But I do think that we need to re-educate ourselves sometimes [and I'm referring to myself here] about allowing yourself to do NOTHING when we get ill - [other than getting outside for a walk on days like this]. It's perfectly ok to wind down, stop and give your body time to get better.
Garry Broad

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #6 on: 14 April, 2024, 02:17:51 pm »
There is a lot of whooping cough about

Mrs V has it

My only recommendation is to get "Throat Coat" herbal tea, which seems to help. 

Expect it to last 100 days

« Reply #7 on: 14 April, 2024, 03:11:17 pm »

But I do think that we need to re-educate ourselves sometimes [and I'm referring to myself here] about allowing yourself to do NOTHING when we get ill - [other than getting outside for a walk on days like this]. It's perfectly ok to wind down, stop and give your body time to get better.

The fashion for wfh has had a detrimental effect - before if you were too ill to go to the office you had a day off. Now you wfh.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)