Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576204 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #375 on: 11 July, 2011, 02:45:51 pm »
but it's #6 apparently so I should think it'll come out like a well buttered sprout on boxing day.
I've not heard that one before,PMSL
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6fRJ0T-y-pw&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6fRJ0T-y-pw&rel=1</a>
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #376 on: 11 July, 2011, 03:18:55 pm »
do I really want to open that link?
what does the panel think :-\

LindaG

« Reply #377 on: 11 July, 2011, 03:44:15 pm »
I dare you jogler.

Son.  I love you very much.  It's great having you home from uni.  But for all our sakes, turn that bloody awful music down.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #378 on: 11 July, 2011, 03:47:25 pm »

Son.  I love you very much.  It's great having you home from uni.  But for all our sakes, turn that bloody awful music down.

BTDTGTTS
it's great innit. ;D

LindaG

« Reply #379 on: 11 July, 2011, 03:55:03 pm »
It sounds like the lead singer is being burned to death to a background of (actually, very good) electric guitar.

Atreyu, apparently.  And Cannibal Corpse.  Ewwww.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #380 on: 11 July, 2011, 03:59:26 pm »
I dare you jogler.

I have & it's not what I expected. ;D

« Reply #381 on: 11 July, 2011, 06:05:04 pm »
It's more or less SFW. Unless you're Catholic.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #382 on: 11 July, 2011, 06:18:19 pm »
I packed my laptop in a bag to bring home as I'm going away tomorrow, left it next to my pannier while I got changed for the commute and then left it there, despite picking up my pannier. Dummy
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #383 on: 12 July, 2011, 09:23:54 pm »
Self. I know you've never seen a left sided drivechain but when buying a freewheel called 'southpaw' it might men it works the other way round!

I now have a freewheel that only goes backwards  :facepalm:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #384 on: 12 July, 2011, 09:37:47 pm »
I'm having to lift my coffee cup with my left hand because of pain. Sodding Arthritis!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #385 on: 12 July, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »

Sell it to Wobbly John.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #386 on: 12 July, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »

Sell it to Wobbly John.

Wonder what the drive would be like with a chain and freewheel on both sides of the wheel  ::-)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #387 on: 13 July, 2011, 09:43:03 am »
dual  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #388 on: 13 July, 2011, 12:14:10 pm »
Oh bugger.  Having left my decent front light in Waleslandshire I'm going to have to pop over the road to BloodyEvans at lunch time.
I just HATE going in there and having to go through the bloody "You don't need my post code you bloody morons" argument every time
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #389 on: 13 July, 2011, 12:16:39 pm »
Now wash your hands.
Getting there...

Si_Co

« Reply #390 on: 13 July, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »
Oh bugger.  Having left my decent front light in Waleslandshire I'm going to have to pop over the road to BloodyEvans at lunch time.
I just HATE going in there and having to go through the bloody "You don't need my post code you bloody morons" argument every time

Papa, Indigo, five, five.....zero, foxtrot, foxtrot

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #391 on: 14 July, 2011, 10:54:20 am »
Just a mathematical query.

If I am number                              zero                           in the queue, as the (badly) automated call handling system informs me, how does that work?  I mean, if there is a queue and it's just me, then surely I'd be number                         one              ?

Also, if I am privileged to be at the front of this metaphysical queue, then why am I waiting So Sodding Long?
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #392 on: 14 July, 2011, 11:01:08 am »

If I am number                              zero                           in the queue, as the (badly) automated call handling system informs me, how does that work?  I mean, if there is a queue and it's just me, then surely I'd be number                         one              ?

Also, if I am privileged to be at the front of this metaphysical queue, then why am I waiting So Sodding Long?

Surely it's more a philosophical question?  If you are number zero, do you actually exist?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #393 on: 14 July, 2011, 11:05:52 am »

Surely it's more a philosophical question?  If you are number zero, do you actually exist?

As ever, Dilbert has the answer ...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #394 on: 14 July, 2011, 11:24:18 am »
I am not a number, I am a free man!
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #395 on: 14 July, 2011, 11:37:56 am »
If it's such a high priority matter, you gibbon-faced twonk, why has it taken you more than an hour not to reply to my question?  Were it not for the fact that you are in Cape Town I would e'en now be tolchocking you about the gulliver with my stoutest knobkerrie and viddying the red red krovvy flow, o my droogies.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #396 on: 14 July, 2011, 12:47:30 pm »

Perhaps you're lost in translation (mathematically speaking)?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #397 on: 14 July, 2011, 01:00:34 pm »

Computers, and people who spend too much time getting intimate with them, count from zero, for perfectly sensible reasons.  The writers of the badly automated call handling system probably forgot to convert to human (indeed they may not have actually met one for years).

Of course, if I were writing a call handling system, I'd set it up to lie about people's position in the queue, and make them feel like they were making progress.  A bit like traffic lights with placebo buttons on the pedestrian crossings that do nothing to the timings.  It would also be XKCD/806 compliant.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #398 on: 14 July, 2011, 03:16:46 pm »
ftr, from being zero in the queue to an answer to my call took fifteen minutes.
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #399 on: 14 July, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »
Toothache, earache, jawache, shoulder ache, sore throat, split lip and mouth ulcers - your company is rapidly becoming extremely tedious.  Kindly fuck off and leave me alone.