Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 575870 times)

Flying_Monkey

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #25 on: 17 July, 2008, 06:16:09 pm »
Are there any other forumites from Newcastle? The only time I ever got spotted was when riding the Bealach-Na-Ba sportive...

alan

« Reply #26 on: 17 July, 2008, 09:14:19 pm »
Would that be Newcastle on Tyneside or the other one,the important one in Staffordshire?  ;)

« Reply #27 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:09:40 pm »
Or the other really important one, in County Down, Norn Irn (where the Mountains of Mourne Sweep Down to the Sea, tra la la, and where my granny lives)?

border-rider

« Reply #28 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:19:15 pm »
Or the one just outside Monmouth ?

:)

« Reply #29 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:19:49 pm »
I've been to the NSW one a couple of times. Stunning scenary on the train ride up there from the South.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #30 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:20:21 pm »
I was a spotty spottee in Dunstable today. I don't know who the spotter was though. But they lose points for being in their car when they could have been cycling in the sunshine. 8)

Guilty as charged M'Lud.  In my defence, I was coming back from doing a car boot sale.  Whilst I can get a certain amount of rubbish highly desirable items for sale in the trailer, I can get far more in the car.

Well, you lose even more points for wasting a sunny day at a car boot sale.
So there ;D

But I spotted you. Yes you teethgrinder, back in March locking up your yellow fixie and trailer outside the car boot sale one day cycle sale in Milton Keynes. Just how many cheap goodies that you didn't need did you get in the trailer?

« Reply #31 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:25:13 pm »
I spotted mr charly today

« Reply #32 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:26:39 pm »
I bumped into Adrian going through croydon earlier in the week...nice chap...we swaped beard growing tips  ;D

What Otto means is that riding his folding bike with panniers and bar bag he cofortably caught me up on my Giant and we rode the rest of the way to The Cut. Discovered that we both have facial hair as mentioned and horse loving wives. Pleasure to meet you.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #33 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:29:14 pm »
Did I spot, in fact pass, someone heading west towards Acton this afternoon at a little after 4? I thought I recognised said person, then got alongside and thought not, then afterwards wasn't sure. I was in shirt-sleeves on a Brompton.

« Reply #34 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:33:43 pm »

But I spotted you. Yes you teethgrinder, back in March locking up your yellow fixie and trailer outside the car boot sale one day cycle sale in Milton Keynes. Just how many cheap goodies that you didn't need did you get in the trailer?

I was stocking up. I bought several pairs of shoes and haven't worn any yet, but they were cheap so will replace my current shoes when they die. I have a stock ratation of spares so that if anything wears out or is damaged, I don't have to rush to buy anything and I can take my time to get a good offer. It cuts my cycling cost down. It does make a difference to me. It also means that if something goes wrong or wears out, i can replace it very quickly, rather than have to wait for delivery or a shop to open.
I also bought some innertubes and tyres. Loads of other stuff, some of which won't be used for several years, but it will all get used and won't last forever. I wouldn't sacrifice a day's cycling unless it was worth while.  ;D

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #35 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:35:57 pm »
I've been to the NSW one a couple of times. Stunning scenary on the train ride up there from the South.
Every Newcastle I've been to is Not Safe for Work.  :o

Lightbulb Moment (For which we need a smiley...)
Oh, you mean the Antipodean State of "Nouveau Pays de Galles Sud."
Still Not Safe for Work.  ::-)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #36 on: 17 July, 2008, 10:53:07 pm »
Newcastle to me is only a short ride away.
Newcastle Emlyn
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #37 on: 18 July, 2008, 07:41:24 am »
I saw SantaMr & Mrs Wow in Northallerton at the weekend, didn't realise it was them, thought there must be two Santas Old duffers people with large white beards that rode tandems.  Surely Wow wouldn't be visiting my part of the world.  Turned out he was....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #38 on: 18 July, 2008, 07:43:43 am »
I saw SantaMr & Mrs Wow in Northallerton at the weekend, didn't realise it was them, thought there must be two Santas Old duffers people with large white beards that rode tandems.  Surely Wow wouldn't be visiting my part of the world.  Turned out he was....

I think that a bit harsh, tiermat.  Mrs Wow doesn't have a beard....  ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #39 on: 18 July, 2008, 07:48:47 am »
Fair point Reg, and I'll blame the bad grammer on my not having finished my first cup of coffee yet... :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Zoidburg

« Reply #40 on: 18 July, 2008, 05:50:50 pm »
Spotted a lot last night through the clouds of barbie smoke :)

You smoke dolls? What a weird bunch.
I pictured a ritualistic barbie bonfire

Or a mini whicker man

« Reply #41 on: 18 July, 2008, 05:55:47 pm »
I saw valiants mate cycling down london wall this afternoon - no idea what his name is but he's the guy who wears a helmet with a chinguard.  On a very elegant silverish fixie, riding very sloooowly.  I almost shouted 'alright, valiants mate!' but realised that would be silly.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #42 on: 18 July, 2008, 06:21:40 pm »
Mike : That could be Dave, though he don't ride slowly. Though I do hear that he is riding around with a broken foot atm, so that could be the reason.

I heard a "Woolly" being shouted in Kingston upon Thames yesterday only to manage to shout back "Hello" before I saw Hatler disappearing into the traffic.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #43 on: 19 July, 2008, 11:11:48 pm »
I saw Torslanda at a top-secret location on the M6 Southbound. It was a furtive meeting of like-minded fetishists, exchanging red hot goods for cash.

Not sure how he parked that Lancaster bomber mind...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #44 on: 20 July, 2008, 02:49:07 pm »
Mike : That could be Dave, though he don't ride slowly. Though I do hear that he is riding around with a broken foot atm, so that could be the reason.

Broken foot + brakeless. Some people have a deathwish :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #45 on: 20 July, 2008, 04:48:08 pm »
I saw Torslanda at a top-secret location on the M6 Southbound. It was a furtive meeting of like-minded fetishists, exchanging red hot goods for cash.

Not sure how he parked that Lancaster bomber mind...
Lancaster Bombers have a particular way of making parking spaces for themselves.

As the population of Dresden will bear witness.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #46 on: 20 July, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »
Not exactly PC that, Rowers!  :o

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Snugsy

« Reply #47 on: 21 July, 2008, 04:40:06 pm »
I spotted someone riding across Tooting Common this morning, about 8.30 ish, with an ACF jersey on.

Near the cafe. I was coming the other way, about to cross Bedford Hill.

Blue bike with blue rims, and blue h*lm*t?

That'll be me, if so.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #48 on: 21 July, 2008, 05:45:50 pm »
I saw forummers on Saturday night in Hackney, Lavenham and Dunwich.  What a remarkable coincidence.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

ChrisO

« Reply #49 on: 21 July, 2008, 06:06:08 pm »
I spotted someone riding across Tooting Common this morning, about 8.30 ish, with an ACF jersey on.

Near the cafe. I was coming the other way, about to cross Bedford Hill.

Blue bike with blue rims, and blue h*lm*t?

That'll be me, if so.

By the time I'd noticed the jersey it was too late to register the bike, but a belated hello.

Do you live down thataway ?