Author Topic: Suggestions for short tour from Rotterdam ferry port ?  (Read 1027 times)

Suggestions for short tour from Rotterdam ferry port ?
« on: 08 June, 2010, 03:51:13 pm »
hi - Anyone got any suggestions for a short family tour from Rotterdam or Zebrugge ferry port ?
Am thinking anything form 4-5 days to 7-8.  Camping and not big mileages.  Is there a website that has possible tours on posted ? I tried but I cant be very good at google 'cos I didnt find much.
thanks in advance
SG

Re: Suggestions for short tour from Rotterdam ferry port ?
« Reply #1 on: 08 June, 2010, 04:18:13 pm »
I have done a similar our from Zeebrugge, but since that went through Rotterdam, you could do either. The key is two map books:

Bikeline Rhein-Radweg 3, ISBN 3-85000-001-X at scale 75K which gives cycle paths from Rotterdam to Mainz

Vlanderen Fietsroute, ISBN 90-5934-050-7 at scale 50K which gives cycle paths essentially right round Belgium.

These don't quite join up, but the roads and cycle paths are friendly enough, and you can make up whatever you like based on these two resources.

Bikeline, see Verlag Esterbauer has hundreds of brilliant cycle tour map-books all over Europe - mostly in German but if you can't handle some German you are likely to have a hard time anyway - you can cycle all the way from Rotterdam to the Black Sea on their cycle path maps.

Possibly further than you wanted just now.

regards,   Rod

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2010, 09:00:27 am »
If you'd like, I can email you a scan of the Fietsideeënkaart that shows the main long distance that exist across The Netherlands. And here's some links that may be useful:

Landelijke Fietsroutes - LF-routes

Nederland Fietsland - Fietsknooppuntroutes

Recreatieve fietsrouteplanner
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2010, 10:27:13 am »
hi - Anyone got any suggestions for a short family tour from Rotterdam or Zebrugge ferry port ?
Am thinking anything form 4-5 days to 7-8.  Camping and not big mileages.  Is there a website that has possible tours on posted ? I tried but I cant be very good at google 'cos I didnt find much.
thanks in advance
SG

I am doing a similar thing..see here.  But we are using "Stay OK" Hostels

Easy riding in Holland: is my route ok

« Reply #4 on: 13 June, 2010, 11:34:18 pm »
Thanks all. I like the Hostel option and am looking into that.
SG