Author Topic: Will Cav be OffSki?  (Read 9580 times)

Re: Will Cav be OffSki?
« Reply #75 on: 08 October, 2012, 03:38:21 pm »
And Kittel

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #76 on: 08 October, 2012, 05:22:25 pm »
I think Farrar suffered very much when Wouter Weylants died. Never been the same since.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #77 on: 18 October, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »
Finally!

« Reply #78 on: 18 October, 2012, 03:56:27 pm »
Hooray! Looking forward to seeing him in OMFG colours next year..
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #79 on: 18 October, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »
"I'm sure I'll be very happy here. It's my natural home etc"  ;D

:thumbsup:  Cav

De Britse spurtbom's transfer is quite rightly the headline article in The Newssheet!

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/

Edit: Well, it was at 6pm

'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

« Reply #80 on: 19 October, 2012, 03:04:48 pm »
Bought out of his contract (at least partially) by Specialized it seems.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #81 on: 02 November, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »
Sky weren't as good as they could have been

It looks like Cav is burning bridges with DB a bit. Perhaps he doesn't want to go to Rio on the Team Pursuit after all. At least his grapes aren't as sour as Wendy Houvenaghel's.
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

« Reply #82 on: 02 November, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »
Mark Cavendish is bright, and a realist. Professional cycling is about making money, and to do this he needs wins. Sprinters don't last as long as rouleurs; and need continued good seasons, which equal as much money as possible, until they fade. Given Sky's target of winning all 3 Grand Tours there wouldn't be a lot of support left for a lead out train. All the new Sky signings so far are climbers - domesiques for the Tours.

Specialized missed Cavendish and his high profile, and have big money to get him back. Remember the stories that Specialized were trying to supply Sky in 2013?

David Brailsford is a pragmatist (well, mostly, maybe not so much about doping!). Mark Cavendish doesn't fit into the Big Plan; but it was useful to have him with Sky in the Olympic year. If Mark does want to ride the track at Rio, and can commit to the build up regime, I can't see him being excluded - as long as, like anyone, he can "make the numbers".

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #84 on: 20 November, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »
Bernhard Eisel:

“Right now, I am very happy with this team. We have a big project with the classics and I am a big part of that for next year.”

Not quite as big as other projects the team may be planning for next year,  but good luck to him.