Author Topic: I appear to have inherited Nutty's fettling skills  (Read 2309 times)

Kathy

I appear to have inherited Nutty's fettling skills
« on: 19 May, 2008, 10:58:30 am »
Doing some DIY in our loft this weekend, Tim and I ended up fairly battered. Tim's torso is covered in bruises, and he grated his knuckles off with the plane. I ripped one of my fingernails out with a hammer, but the greatest moment was when I managed to hit myself in the face with a Fubar.

I am now seeing whether my tube of Trick and Treament will live up to the claims on the packaging and conceal the impressive black eye I am currently sporting.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: I appear to have inherited Nutty's fettling skills
« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2008, 11:22:46 am »
I managed to hit myself in the face with a Fubar.

That's a magnificent tool! 

(Pics of your hideous disfigurement are required!)
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #2 on: 19 May, 2008, 11:31:32 am »
You're sure this isn't just an ingenious story to cover up the fight you had?

« Reply #3 on: 19 May, 2008, 11:43:19 am »
I want a FuBar !
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2008, 11:57:32 am »
Shame the videos on the website don't it being used as anything but a big hammer, the other bits on the tool look very useful for being destructive.

All of the damage inflicted could have been done with a normal big hammer, and the way of dealing with the big back panel of a piano, or the bottom section of the Armoire, is to just knock it over and go "Rarr!".

I want one though.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 19 May, 2008, 12:00:40 pm »
Wow, that website is slow!

Looks like a great tool. Dad would have loved one of those. I'd like one too. :)
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 19 May, 2008, 12:03:33 pm »
Were you making a ferret garret?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Kathy

« Reply #7 on: 19 May, 2008, 12:15:04 pm »
Shame the videos on the website don't it being used as anything but a big hammer, the other bits on the tool look very useful for being destructive.

All of the damage inflicted could have been done with a normal big hammer, and the way of dealing with the big back panel of a piano, or the bottom section of the Armoire, is to just knock it over and go "Rarr!".

I want one though.

'Tis a very useful tool - all those different hooks are very handy for ripping up floorboards and pulling out nails, and prying the legs off an old barbecue, and so on. However, it's probably a lot more fun to use it (and watch it being used) as a big hammer and shour "Rarr!".

annie

« Reply #8 on: 19 May, 2008, 12:33:10 pm »
Ouch, sorry to hear about your mishaps this weekend.  :-\

I had a bit of a fettling accident this morning, pruning a tree with one of those long things with a biter and a saw on the end, I pulled the rope and accidentaly let go of the metal pole, it cut the branch and then flew back towards me, I ducked but it hit my hands.  I now have some yukky cuts and a little finger that is swollen and won't straighten.

« Reply #9 on: 19 May, 2008, 02:25:46 pm »
I turned up at work this morning and my new knife was waiting for me on my desk ;D

Watch this space :-[

:-* to the injuries in the OP, and can we have lots of photos please?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #10 on: 19 May, 2008, 04:32:01 pm »
Those FuBars are cool! I had one before t'was nicked on set :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #11 on: 19 May, 2008, 09:14:38 pm »
I just can't believe that someone at Stanley managed to get them to call a tool Fubar!  Presumably they'll be along with the Stanley Snafu shortly!
Actually, it is rocket science.