Author Topic: Critical Mass after PBP  (Read 2773 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Critical Mass after PBP
« on: 27 July, 2011, 01:13:03 pm »
It occurs to me that Paris Critical Mass will be on Friday August 26th, not too long after most of us finish PBP.  Any takers?

Simonb

Re: Critical Mass after PBP
« Reply #1 on: 27 July, 2011, 02:19:02 pm »
Possibly. Not driving back to Blighty until Sat evening!  :demon:

« Reply #2 on: 27 July, 2011, 03:53:31 pm »
Sounds fun. I'll need to check my ferry ticket to see if I can sail on the Saturday rather than the Friday.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #3 on: 27 July, 2011, 05:20:05 pm »
It occurs to me that Paris Critical Mass will be on Friday August 26th, not too long after most of us finish PBP.  Any takers?

You really think you'll feel like riding a bike.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4 on: 27 July, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »

Damn, you've rumbled me.  I doubt it.

« Reply #5 on: 27 July, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »
I am thinking of going to have a look at Versaille Palace on the friday. Into Paris and be a tourist on the Saturday. I am not sure about the Sunday but I have an early ferry on the Monday
O'LEL what have I done!

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #6 on: 28 July, 2011, 09:54:33 am »
My Eurostar train goes on Friday afternoon.  I can get up late, slowly meander to Paris Nord and probably have another breakfast  on the way.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2011, 11:24:50 am »

I think I could be persuaded to do a fun gentle social ride. The problem would be the irriration caused by all the dicking about, very slow cycling etc that a CM might involve - combine that with some sleep debt and I'd quite quickly turn into grumpy bear.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #8 on: 28 July, 2011, 11:38:05 am »
Critical Mass? Is that where thousands of cyclists ride together to assert their right to the road?
I seem to be down to do that for up to 90 hours, over a distance in excess of 1,200 km, with 5,000 others. By the 26th I will have been there, done that and got the T shirt.

« Reply #9 on: 28 July, 2011, 01:17:20 pm »
I would prefer to go to Le Pub!
O'LEL what have I done!