Author Topic: WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!  (Read 2455 times)

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
« on: 21 August, 2009, 09:47:08 am »

8)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Re: WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2009, 09:57:46 am »
You've been having some fun then? :)
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #2 on: 21 August, 2009, 10:04:51 am »
The presence of the H makes all the difference...

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #3 on: 22 August, 2009, 10:56:21 pm »
Picture not working in thread, but open in new tab works.

Where is that? I wanna go.

« Reply #4 on: 23 August, 2009, 10:25:55 pm »
I've noticed that a lot of these pictures that don't display in the threads have a height and width tag as well.

Can you reduce the tag to just {IMG}  {/IMG}  (with square brackets obviously).

« Reply #5 on: 23 August, 2009, 11:24:00 pm »
No, it's normally a referrer issue.  When you request an image file from a web server, it's normal (but not mandatory) to include a reference to the page which "referred" to the image ie the referrer, in the request.  Some web servers are configured so that they won't return an image if the referrer isn't one of their own pages.  Often, they will return the image if no referrer is supplied, since some web browsers, and some ISPs don't supply a referrer.

So, if you cut and past the URL into a window, the image is returned, since there is no page to be a referrer.  Once the image is in your local cache, you will often then see it in the thread (until you clear your cache).  The original poster often sees it fine in their view of the post for the same reason, which is why they don't realise there is a problem.

It's an issue with certain web sites, which don't like you using their images on your page, without the rest of their site (often including the advertising which is were they get their revenue from).
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #6 on: 24 August, 2009, 09:49:46 am »
Picture not working in thread, but open in new tab works.

Where is that? I wanna go.

Somewhere in Wales - Llandelga, I think it was called?

It was an interesting track to be deemed an MTB route - it was wide, smooth, and better-surfaced than most Sustrans routes, so there was no technical challenge. However, it meant you could put the hammer down and blatt around as fast as possible. Which was fun.  8)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2009, 10:45:22 am »
Look at that air!!!
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #8 on: 17 October, 2009, 12:44:50 am »
I've just looked that up.

Quite close to me that is. I feel a trip coming on.

Tim

« Reply #9 on: 17 October, 2009, 09:56:03 am »
It is (reasonably precisely) here that the picture was taken.

Coed LLandegla‎ is the centre, and the trails are better than a sustrans path. I came to the conclusion that the best approach to take was to merely try to hoon it as fast as possible - it's all bermed, the surface is exceptionally smooth. There is nothing technical on the trails - the sections of black I did merely had some table tops in them and a couple more opportunities to get your wheels off the ground. There was nothing requiring thought or careful bike control to ride - technical was clearly omitted from the design spec of the trails.

There is one section of north shore which is deliberately built rough that breaks up the rest of the feel of the trail.

But I reckon I could have taken my SMGT around it almost as fast, certainly without finding it challenging.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #10 on: 17 October, 2009, 10:28:04 am »
Is that a lawn turf farm to the south? And does the farmer drink heavily?  :-\
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

ed_o_brain

« Reply #11 on: 17 October, 2009, 11:24:56 am »
I'm so going to find time to sort out my mountain bike soon :)