Author Topic: Blenheim yesterday  (Read 1972 times)

shortclaud

Blenheim yesterday
« on: 04 October, 2010, 08:27:46 pm »
I went to Blenheim Palace yesterday, and raced my three laps of the perimeter road in the pouring rain. I enjoyed it.  I also overcooked it downhill, went off circuit and smacked into a fence at about 20 mph.  Didn't enjoy that so much. Once the cartoon style stars had faded I checked me over, got the slightly perturbed marshall to do the same, straightened the machine best I could and carried on. As a result, I am now the seventh fastest tricyclist on the planet, as it was the world championship.
Good fun are tricycles.

Re: Blenheim yesterday
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2010, 08:38:57 pm »
 :thumbsup: Cool

So thats what all the Trikes were!  Saw quite a few and commented to Mrs Aidan that I really should have one ;D  well she wont let me have a pet owl, but thats another story.

Was a good day yesterday though weather was pretty grim, but gave it atmosphere.  7th is a great result too, and hopefully not much damage!!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2010, 08:42:58 pm »
Don't tell revrob...he'll never go out again!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3 on: 04 October, 2010, 08:58:43 pm »
Persisted down did it not  :o
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 04 October, 2010, 09:07:50 pm »
As a result, I am now the seventh fastest tricyclist on the planet, as it was the world championship.

Now that is an accolade worth having - congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Good fun are tricycles.

They are that.  Having had a few rides, I still have one eye on the classifieds, waiting for a good 'un to come up in my size.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: 04 October, 2010, 09:31:54 pm »
contact D-tek I have just p/ex Barbaras Catrike Road (Black, mirrors etc)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 04 October, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »
On a related note, I was just pushing the trip-to-D-tek idea with barakta...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #7 on: 05 October, 2010, 01:25:02 pm »
On a related note, I was just pushing the trip-to-D-tek idea with barakta...

Yay!

(CL, who reckons this is likely to be the best way towards going_onna_Warty_with_Barakta.  Which would be good :) )

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8 on: 05 October, 2010, 01:33:03 pm »
Yay!

(CL, who reckons this is likely to be the best way towards going_onna_Warty_with_Barakta.  Which would be good :) )

I think you're right.

A Cunning Plan is in the process of being made...

« Reply #9 on: 05 October, 2010, 03:00:33 pm »
I went to Blenheim Palace yesterday, and raced my three laps of the perimeter road in the pouring rain. I enjoyed it. 
I finished a bit further down the field than you.  The off camber right hand bend just after the cattle grid which in turn was just after a hump backed bridge was quite exciting.  Next year the time trial is back in France, mid June.

shortclaud

« Reply #10 on: 06 October, 2010, 02:04:40 pm »
I would much consider going next year, maybe by that time I would of mastered staying on the road going down bendy descents. Never have been much of a fan of this off-roading game. Any clues which corner of France is being held? And, to all you racers used to only two wheels on your machine,  you have got about eight months to find yourself a trike, try and learn how to ride/race it (obviously more than I have done), then you too can be in a world championship event!

« Reply #11 on: 06 October, 2010, 02:23:27 pm »
which corner of France is being held?
18th June, St Marsault in the Vendee, a little SW of Cholet.  It is part of a village fete and attracts more by way of Belgian and French riders than Blenheim did.  It is also very strong on the social side.  I don't believe you are a member of the Tricycle Association http://www.tricycleassociation.org.uk/  you would be in the Thames Valley Region which is pretty active.  Details of all events on the website and in the club magazine.