Linked Events

• Cycle Show 2008: 10 October, 2008 - 12 October, 2008

Author Topic: Cycle Show 10-12th October - Earls Court  (Read 14782 times)

Re: Cycle Show 10-12th October - Earls Court
« Reply #100 on: 13 October, 2008, 10:10:26 am »

In the Canary Wharf area, if you head over to West India Quay there is a line of bars and restaurants
along the dockside. They're quite nice.
There are some places on the riverside beside the ferry boat pier - look for the building called Canary Riverside.
There is a pizza place there, what is meant to be a rather nice Chinese restaurant and a steakhouse. All beside a nice river view.

For another river view. stop off on the south side of Tower Bridge, look for Butlers Wharf.
There is an All Bar One there.

PM me if you are there tomorrow - I live just across the river.

Thanks Scum, if I can say that......
In the end we came out of the exhibition and went in to the Fullers pub opposite the tube station (The Magpie ?) just as the England game was starting  :thumbsup: It wasn't planned.
Several pints and 5 goals later we headed to Shepherds Market and had a really crap curry.
Back at Canary Wharf we went to All Bar One before going to bed.
We had a lovely walk in the sun around CW on the Sunday.

Bike show- wasn't overly impressed. I did drool a bit on the Enigma stand and I believe my new frame is in a box at their factory. The new disc brake bigger wheel Airnimal looks good (purchase predicted) and I was both apalled and strangely taken with the red Singular kitted out as a tourer. Discs  :thumbsup: SON  :thumbsup: Guards  :thumbsup: Brown leather bar tape  :-\ Brown leather spray catcher  :sick:

Not sure if I would attend another show.

« Reply #101 on: 13 October, 2008, 10:26:30 am »
... I was both apalled and strangely taken with the red Singular kitted out as a tourer. Discs  :thumbsup: SON  :thumbsup: Guards  :thumbsup: Brown leather bar tape  :-\ Brown leather spray catcher  :sick:

white tyres  :sick:

did you see the same frame as a single-speed 29er on the other side of the stand?   Quite a neat idea, but changing from one to the other would be a pretty big faff.

« Reply #102 on: 13 October, 2008, 01:49:05 pm »
Hmm.  Mixed bunch for me.  I went yesterday afternoon with my elder son.  We trailed round, seeing a few cool things. 

We both liked the "Keep up, lad" Wallace and Gromit shirt by foska. 

We went to the BST stand to tell Tamara that she may as well scrub my name from the list because I'm too lazy and feeble to do TRAT next year.  Ch and L then explained why I should be allowed more time to prevaricate, so I left feeling utterly indecisive but encouraged in a sort of vague way.

In the Ridgeback stand we met Regulator who didn't seem too keen on any of the bikes on show.  I have to say I rather like the green and white version of the Flyer.

We watched some spectacular BMX and trials stuff.  Big air, apparently.  All very skeen.  (I've been taking language lessons from son.)

Best of all was the commuter test track.  Quite how anyone could contemplate commuting on that all-carbon Felt bike with the SRAM Force groupset and Zipp wheelset, I really don't know, but we both thought it was well sick.  Son had a go on a Pearson Hanzo which struck me as a bit heavy.  I tried a Touche which was really nippy.  The silliest bike was a cannodale bike that was a bit like an overgrown BMXer with disc brakes.  It was light, comfortable and the stopping power of the brakes was shockingly better than anything I've met before.  It just made me want to throw the bike around the track like a loonie.

fuzzy

« Reply #103 on: 13 October, 2008, 03:59:34 pm »

Best of all was the commuter test track.  Quite how anyone could contemplate commuting on that all-carbon Felt bike with the SRAM Force groupset and Zipp wheelset, I really don't know, but we both thought it was well sick.  Son had a go on a Pearson Hanzo which struck me as a bit heavy.  I tried a Touche which was really nippy.  The silliest bike was a cannodale bike that was a bit like an overgrown BMXer with disc brakes.  It was light, comfortable and the stopping power of the brakes was shockingly better than anything I've met before.  It just made me want to throw the bike around the track like a loonie.

The Cannondale Hooligan! I had a play and it were reet good fun :thumbsup:

« Reply #104 on: 14 October, 2008, 04:48:20 pm »

white tyres  :sick:

Forgot that. Yes,  :sick:

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #105 on: 14 October, 2008, 05:35:34 pm »

Any pictures? There aren't any on the Foska web site.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #106 on: 14 October, 2008, 06:26:21 pm »

Any pictures? There aren't any on the Foska web site.

..d

Unfortunately not but should be up on the site soon I reckon. Keep an eye out for the Homer, Duff Beer (bit disappointed with the design for that one) & other Simpsons ones too.

The Foska guy said that the 'Inmate' design may make an appearance with arrows rather than hoops too: apparently the visitors of a more rotund stature didn't think much to the hoops!  :)
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.