Author Topic: Ill Cat  (Read 17040 times)

Re: Ill Cat
« Reply #150 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:12:23 pm »
So so sorry to hear this Tim, he was a special cat and very lucky to have you as his owner. I think it's important you were there at the end, I'm sure even if not very lucid he knew and was comforted by your presence. Take care, virtual hugs xx

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #151 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »
So sorry to hear this Tim.  Knowing you did the best thing doesn't make it feel better at the time.  Sympathies.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #152 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:27:37 pm »
I reflect what the others have said and remember our similar times with a heavy heart. RIP Talisker.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #153 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:35:14 pm »
Rotten news. It must really seem as though there's a hole in the house. I'm so glad for you both that you were able to be at the vet's.
Adieu to Talisker, one of yacf's much-loved feline royalty.

« Reply #154 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »
So sorry to read this, Tim.  RIP Talisker.

« Reply #155 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:51:22 pm »
I think I'll be around the Croydon Cat Rescue people shortly.  I know they always have plenty of cats, and there's always Battersea if for some reason I can't find a cat locally.  I would have used the Blue Cross, because we got Talisker from there, because they were impressively well organised.  There aren't any Blue Cross rehoming centres anywhere near here however.

I've got a couple of events to attend in the near future, which will have me away from the house for a few days (the YACF camping thing, and a FNRttC up t'North), so I'll leave it until after then, since it would be daft to get a new cat(s) and then promptly need to use a cattery.

I've got a small heap of cat food, cat milk, and munchies, so I'll need a cat to use them up. :)

Does anyone on here have a Hyperthyroid cat, who could use 10mg Vidalta tablets?  I've probably got half of an open container (ie >50 pills).  They are quite expensive, so it would be daft to throw them away if I can avoid doing that.  If no one on here is interested, I'll try the Cat Rescue people as well, but they may be averse to accepting drugs, which aren't in an unopened container.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #156 on: 23 July, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »
Does anyone on here have a Hyperthyroid cat, who could use 10mg Vidalta tablets?  I've probably got half of an open container (ie >50 pills).  They are quite expensive, so it would be daft to throw them away if I can avoid doing that.  If no one on here is interested, I'll try the Cat Rescue people as well, but they may be averse to accepting drugs, which aren't in an unopened container.

It is technically against pharmacy rules to restock a drug already dispensed that has left the premises. However I have re-used things like this when doing some work for the PDSA, as being a charity they are desperate for every penny spent on this kind of thing.

« Reply #157 on: 23 July, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »
It is technically against pharmacy rules to restock a drug already dispensed that has left the premises. However I have re-used things like this when doing some work for the PDSA, as being a charity they are desperate for every penny spent on this kind of thing.

Well that was kind of my thinking.  I can also see that someone like Croydon Cat Rescue doesn't know me from Adam, so I could be some anti-cat loon whose poisoned the pills.

Since I think I pay about £65 for a jar of 100 pills, it would seem a shame to bin them.  You can get them cheaper from an online pharmacy, but I've always got them from my local vet, since I assume that they get some of their profit through this, and I'm happy to support a veterinary practice who do very good work.
Actually, it is rocket science.

LindaG

« Reply #158 on: 23 July, 2011, 11:30:56 pm »
 :( Really sorry about Talisker.  Look after yourself Tim.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #159 on: 23 July, 2011, 11:34:42 pm »
Sorry to hear about Talisker  :(

« Reply #160 on: 23 July, 2011, 11:45:10 pm »
So very sorry, Tim.  :'( RIP Talisker. On the bright side, it will be a lucky kitten who chooses you as his/her new owner. Take care.

« Reply #161 on: 23 July, 2011, 11:45:38 pm »
I cannot add much to that which has been said above.

So sorry, Tim.  :(

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #162 on: 24 July, 2011, 12:05:17 am »
I'm sorry to hear about Talisker a cat who I heard so much about spoken with so much love and fondness.  Tim, thinking of you, I can't imagine how much you will miss him.

« Reply #163 on: 24 July, 2011, 12:29:43 am »
It really is a horrible time but it does get easier. At least you were there at the end. Just keep yourself busy until the time is right to get another cat.

My sympathy is all I can offer but you certainly have that.  Take care of yourself.

Pete

« Reply #164 on: 24 July, 2011, 01:36:44 am »
I'm so sorry, Tim.
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

« Reply #165 on: 24 July, 2011, 09:05:40 am »
More sympathy here. I'm glad you were able to get a last scratch behind the ears.
We found the local RSPCA happy to take any catty bits that we didn't want to keep - food, basket etc - we took a break between cats.

« Reply #166 on: 24 July, 2011, 10:35:56 am »
I'm so sorry to read this Tim; saying goodbye to my pets remains one of the hardest things I've had to do. If you ever want some Cam cuddles, feel free to drop round for a cuppa - she is also a complete tart and would happily accept them and it would be nice to see you.

I have a contact at the Celia Hammond cat rescue in Lewisham; as I could vouch for you NOT being an anti-cat loon they might be ok accepting the pills so I can ask my contact there if you like? I know they are also a bit desperate for every spare penny and always seem to have millions of cats & kittens...

« Reply #167 on: 24 July, 2011, 12:44:36 pm »
Oh man. Really sorry to hear that.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #168 on: 24 July, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »
Sorry to read about your final trip to the vets, Tim.

Things will get better.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #169 on: 24 July, 2011, 09:02:32 pm »
Ah - he was definitely one of the forum cats  :(
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #170 on: 25 July, 2011, 11:01:16 am »
Ah - he was definitely one of the forum cats  :(

That he certainly was. RIP Talisker.

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #171 on: 28 July, 2011, 09:52:06 pm »
We lost our cat last year after 10 years and the kids scoured the streets for weeks not a good experience. Eventually we got word that an old lady had hit a cat with her car nearby. Ho hum. Go out and get a new cat Tim lots could do with a good home.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain