Author Topic: Kittehs excel themselves.  (Read 9646 times)

Re: Kittehs excel themselves.
« Reply #25 on: 05 May, 2010, 03:26:38 pm »
My friends cat once dragged a nice joint of roast beef through the cat flap. Next door had put it on the side to rest one Sunday lunchtime and made the mistake of leaving the kitchen door open :)

A friend's cat once managed a roast leg of lamb over a six foot fence as a gift for his hoomins. This was the same cat that delivered a jam roly-poly to my friend's bed in the middle of the night. I keep trying to explain this to my mogs, but all I get are voles.  ::-)

I too have shared a house with a cat who has brought home someone's Sunday lunch. In this case an entire, and still piping hot, chicken. At the time I lived in a house as a student lodger to a young couple. the "cat flap" was the lower part of a sash window which for resons known only to the kitchen installer, could be opened to expose 6" of the kitchen cupboard under the sink. I came out of my room because I could hear a trememndous banging coming from under the sink.
I assumed that the cat was having yet another cat fight in the cupboard, but couldn't hear another cat.
I opened the door to find the cat trying to pull the roast chicken in through a gap about 2" too small and knocking over all the bottles and cleaning stuff in the cupboard.

We never did find out who it belonged to.

ed_o_brain

« Reply #26 on: 05 May, 2010, 03:41:57 pm »
Roast dinners, potatoes and jam rolly pollies!
i haven't laughed so hard in a while!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 13 June, 2012, 01:55:31 am »
My IRC bot just randomly regurgitated the URL for this thread.  I now have the giggles.  Which is good, because tbh, I was feeling a bit miserable.   :D

It's been a while now, does anyone have a cat with something new to contribute?

« Reply #28 on: 13 June, 2012, 08:32:16 pm »
Our cats contributed (another) pigeon to the under-the-bed stash whilst we were away at the weekend.

Judging by the trail of excrement, it was brought in alive and then slaughtered in the bedroom. Anyone know how to get bird poo out of a carpet? ::-) :facepalm:
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #29 on: 13 June, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »
Anyone know how to get bird poo out of a carpet? ::-) :facepalm:

Let it dry, then scrape off with a knife and hoover out the chalky residue. It doesn't smell.

(Ours came down the chimney  ::-) )

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #30 on: 13 June, 2012, 09:53:33 pm »
Anyone know how to get bird poo out of a carpet? ::-) :facepalm:

Let it dry, then scrape off with a knife and hoover out the chalky residue. It doesn't smell.

Somewhat easier than getting it out of a tent / sleeping bag.  DAHIKT.

« Reply #31 on: 13 June, 2012, 10:03:26 pm »
It seems to have left greenish-yellow stains (we have beige carpets  :facepalm: ). Possibly the victim was also bleeding internally? ::-)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

« Reply #32 on: 13 June, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »
nah, that's just pigeon shit colour. It'll be basically grass.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #33 on: 13 June, 2012, 10:25:55 pm »
Beige carpets?  With your menagerie?  Brave...

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #34 on: 13 June, 2012, 10:45:03 pm »
Nah, white would be brave.  Beige is just the colour everything goes when it's stained enough times...
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

« Reply #35 on: 13 June, 2012, 11:20:57 pm »
It seems to have left greenish-yellow stains (we have beige carpets  :facepalm: ). Possibly the victim was also bleeding internally? ::-)

I find a Vanish laundry bar good for getting out random pet and pet-prey stains, then rinse it a bit and finish off with a carpet shampoo.

« Reply #36 on: 13 June, 2012, 11:32:50 pm »
Beige carpets?  With your menagerie?  Brave...

They *were* beige when we moved in. They're now a variety of shades, from ferret piss yellow to frog spleen green...

« Reply #37 on: 14 June, 2012, 12:26:01 pm »
There was the incident a few years ago when I was dragged naked out of the shower on Christmas morning by a harassed Mrs Pcolbeck and instructed to catch and remove the live and completely unharmed wren that our moggie had released in the lounge and that was now perched in our Christmas tree before it could crap all over the room.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #38 on: 15 June, 2012, 12:20:07 am »
There was the incident a few years ago when I was dragged naked out of the shower on Christmas morning by a harassed Mrs Pcolbeck and instructed to catch and remove the live and completely unharmed wren that our moggie had released in the lounge and that was now perched in our Christmas tree before it could crap all over the room.

That's a very traditional cat you have there: hunting wrens at Yuletide is an ancient custom!  :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #39 on: 15 June, 2012, 12:32:46 am »
Yeah, normal cats would simply decorate the Christmas tree with themselves.

Our cats weren't normal.  Never really bothered trying to climb it, but one decided the bucket made a good drinking bowl, while the other thought it was better used as a litter tray...   :facepalm:

« Reply #40 on: 26 June, 2012, 08:44:19 pm »
A new level has been attained. I was cooking in the kitchen and heard an odd squeaking coming from the corner with the fridge. On pulling out the fridge, it transpired that someone had brought in a heavily pregnant mousie who had given birth to six mouslings. She had killed and partially eaten four of them, and the other two were wiggling feebly.

:facepalm:

Mummy was evicted to the garden, and the babies, on being turned down by the ferrets, were put in the garden to give someone a happy treat.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: 26 June, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »
Mmm nice!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #42 on: 10 February, 2015, 12:13:22 am »
My IRC bot just randomly regurgitated the URL for this thread.  I now have the giggles.  Which is good, because tbh, I was feeling a bit miserable.   :D

This, again.  We'd just watched a disappointing film about how evil the internet is, and were discussing all the ways in which the internet is in fact brilliant, which naturally lead to cats.

So, whose cat's catted something spectacular recently?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #43 on: 10 February, 2015, 12:33:20 am »
Maru has some brilliant you tubes

http://youtu.be/2XID_W4neJo
It is simpler than it looks.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: 10 February, 2015, 09:04:31 pm »
That's good timing. The kittens made their first kill last night.
Pumpkin stalked, played with, and despatched it. Ninkasi ate it.
It was.... a woodlouse.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #45 on: 10 February, 2015, 10:49:35 pm »
I remember one aged mog who a couple of times a year would look sorry for himself and under the weather. After a couple of days he would be taken to the vet, temperature probed, given a course of antibiotics, a shot of anti-inflammatory, and a shot of steroids.

With out fail by the time we got home he would be full of beans and then go off and catch a rabbit. He never caught rabbits at any other time but once on steroids.  :o

« Reply #46 on: 11 February, 2015, 06:36:34 am »
Our Dottie Verbose, when not talking to us, excels at immobilizing and devouring silverfish.

"Dottie, Bug!" brings her on the run, even faster than the sound of a spoon scraping contents from the cat food can tin.