Author Topic: Brompton for long distance/day rides/touring and for taller riders  (Read 2704 times)

Re: Brompton for long distance/day rides/touring and for taller riders
« Reply #25 on: 04 January, 2022, 08:28:50 am »
I've got to say I like mine a lot more than that, but mainly for its intended purpose. All bike designs involve compromise.

« Reply #26 on: 06 January, 2022, 09:05:14 am »
To add to what Kim says above, I’m 6’4”and bought my Brommie in 2010. Visited the London Bike Show that year (at Earls Court). On the Brompton stand, queue to speak to a technician. He took one look at me and said “Straight bars, telescopic seatpost. Next!”
He was right. I went to my LBS (which stocked Brommies then). Served by a chap whom I used to teach. Rode different models and different seatposts all morning. The technician had been right. S-bar & telescopic seatpost was the best fit.
I’ve also carefully measured/ photographed the Brommie next to my Bianchi road bike.My riding position is very similar on both bikes!
Distances? I have managed 90 miles in a day … but just for the challenge. Fifty miles is more than enough.
Have to say I love the bike.

« Reply #27 on: 06 January, 2022, 08:50:15 pm »
I think I may be lucky. I am tall, but the extended seatpost at its highest is perfect for me.  I agree that it isn't as comfortable on longer rides as a normal bike, but I have done a few centuries on mine when travelling and it was fine, if a little slower than normal.

« Reply #28 on: 08 January, 2022, 04:12:31 pm »
Thanks everyone some really comprehensive responses and very informative, much appreciated :)