Author Topic: Bike fitter in east of England (Norfolk/Suffolk)  (Read 668 times)

Bike fitter in east of England (Norfolk/Suffolk)
« on: 16 January, 2022, 01:08:37 pm »

I've been having niggling knee issues, and I think I might benefit from a bike fit rather than my fairly random tinkering!

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good fitters in Norfolk or Suffolk, or closer to the east of england?

There are a couple I've found on Google who are using the Retul system, but they seem geared up for people who want to go faster, rather than further...

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
Re: Bike fitter in east of England (Norfolk/Suffolk)
« Reply #1 on: 16 January, 2022, 01:23:23 pm »
Consider trying to find bike fitters that work with tri athletes - especially those doing iron man. The criteria to get off a bike and actually be able to run makes therir normal customers a bit different to time trial types.

My sister (not a tri athlete, but with knackered/weak wrists and general joint weakness) used Tri Harder in Dereham.

« Reply #2 on: 16 January, 2022, 01:38:57 pm »
This chap sorted me out fine a few years ago

https://perfectcondition.co.uk/bike-fitting/

When I saw him the environment in which he did the bike fitting was somewhat primitive, and the output was a fairly scrappy looking piece of paper.  Doesn't take away from the fact that he made very very very significant improvements to my bike riding experience.
Clever enough to know I'm not clever enough.

« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2022, 09:29:28 am »
Thanks for the recommendations, I hadn't thought of tri fitters in that way but it makes sense. I'll have a think and work out which works best to get to.