Author Topic: Sidi Sizing  (Read 1929 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Sidi Sizing
« on: 03 February, 2009, 08:53:51 am »
I know it's pirennial question, but I am looking to replace my Nike MB101's that still stink like a cat has pissed in them, and the right shoe has developed an annoying creak.

I am unable, at the mo, to get to a Sidi stockist so need to order online, and have found Sidicafe have stock of the two shoes I am after, a pair of Diablos for the foul weather and a pair of Dragon 2s for other times.  My concern is sizing.  I take a 44 in the Nikes, and they fit fine, but in shimanos I need a 45 or 46 as I have wide feet.  For experience or otherwise, what would you guys suggest?

Neither, as far as I can see are available in the wide fitting that Sidi do :(
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Re: Sidi Sizing
« Reply #1 on: 03 February, 2009, 09:09:50 am »
I take 42 in most shoes, but 43 in Sidi for comfort.  I also use the wide fitting Mega range for even more comfort.  Not all models are available in Mega width.

Winter boots, I had the previous model to the Diable, (Inferno).  Being silly I bought my usual 43 but should have gone higher because they were a bit tight so constriction couteracted the insulation effects.

I have old Dominator 3 Mega for general use and normal width Dragon for summer use.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 03 February, 2009, 09:40:50 am »
Basically when it comes to any shoes (trainers, walking boots, cycling shoes, smart shoes etc.) I find that a 46 fits me fine, but with Sidi shoes I needed something a wee bit bigger.  Sidi shoes are relatively narrow fitting too, but for me that's fantastic because pretty much all over cycling shoes are too wide for my narrow feet.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2009, 12:27:42 pm »
I have read - though I can't confirm it's true - that Sidi half sizes are wider than the full sizes, so size 46.5 for example is supposedly the same length as 46, but wider.

Google
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #4 on: 03 February, 2009, 12:32:04 pm »
I found Sidi shoes cripplingly narrow, even in the mega width.  Northwave and Specialized are both more comfy for my fat feet.

« Reply #5 on: 03 February, 2009, 01:25:23 pm »
Sidi sizing is very similar to Shimano in my experience (comparing Sidi Genius 6.6 to Shimano RT51, both in 43). The Sidi shoes are possibly a fraction smaller, but there's not a lot in it. It may, of course, vary with different models and sizes.

Don't forget that, if you buy online, you have a 7 day cooling off period in which you can return them for a full refund, if they don't fit...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #6 on: 03 February, 2009, 01:51:11 pm »
Thanks for the advice guys, I emailed sidicafe, who are based not too far from where I currently work, and they said they couldn't comment on the sizing compared to Nike MB101s, but if I tried them and found them lacking size wise they would gladly replace them for me....

So an order for both will be going in tomorrow, when I get paid (and then I will have to explain to the SO why I have just spent £400 on shoes!!!)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #7 on: 11 August, 2022, 07:15:10 am »
I have read - though I can't confirm it's true - that Sidi half sizes are wider than the full sizes, so size 46.5 for example is supposedly the same length as 46, but wider.

Google

I've also read that the half sizes use the sole of the full size but the uppers of the next size up. Which would be logical, does anyone have any experience?.

« Reply #8 on: 11 August, 2022, 08:12:22 pm »
This seems to be common among all cycling shoe manufacturers. I have bought one metric size bigger on shoes from Shimano, Giro and Dromarty. So I'm guessing it's universal.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo