Author Topic: AAA Points  (Read 162156 times)

Re: AAA Points
« Reply #675 on: 30 December, 2016, 10:14:33 pm »
A personal THANK YOU to Steve for all his help, patience, advice and support.....the next bloke's got a hard act to follow!

Good luck mate.

Martin

« Reply #676 on: 30 December, 2016, 11:10:05 pm »
to me AAA has always been Steve; he provided the support and encouragement to get GdS off the ground; he moved water uphill to get not just calendar events and regular perms but also DIY's and ECE's AAA credited, if I sent him a track he would always go the extra mile to get points out of it even if it was just a section,

you may all scoff at AAA as part of the broad church that is AUK but thanks to Steve I was able to aim for and feel a very proud recipient of the AAA trophy / ies (along with others, who also shared Steve's vision of AAA as being a challenge that formed an alternative to - but also a compliment to - pure long distance cycling; always 100% within the structure of AUK) as well as all the other awards, AAARTY AAASR and the many AAA awards; all with individually and thoughtfuly designed momentoes

Many thanks for all your hard work Steve; and may your successor live up to the fantastic inspiration you have provided us all!

slohill

• still at it
« Reply #677 on: 02 January, 2017, 09:23:43 am »
Best wishes Steve now you are already 2 days into AAA retirement.
Thanks for all your help and support over the years and a very successful revision and clarification (IMO) of the points rules.
Slohill :thumbsup:
Organiser of  Tour of the Berwyns 200k and Panorama Prospect 130k; Saturday May 20 2023

« Reply #678 on: 02 January, 2017, 10:04:24 pm »
A personal THANK YOU to Steve for all his help, patience, advice and support.....the next bloke's got a hard act to follow!

Good luck mate.

I second that.  Thanks for all you have done for us all Steve
 ;D

« Reply #679 on: 03 January, 2017, 12:12:07 pm »
Doffs cap to the AAA man  :thumbsup:

Mad Jacks JSM/  Hills and Mills to be continued in 2021

« Reply #680 on: 22 January, 2017, 12:48:35 pm »
Thanks Steve for all your hard work with AAA points and validating many diy from me  :thumbsup:. Your two 100km perms in Dales were great  to ride too, had a very enjoyable long w/e around Settle and for me is one of pleasures Audax, getting good routes in new areas. All the best for your AAA retirement  ;D

Kingsdale, perfect day on Steve`s 100km perm around there:

kingsdale by jamesld8, on Flickr
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #681 on: 05 February, 2017, 08:52:34 am »
 STOP PRESS,

I think we have a new AAA man.  Welcome (not sure if he is on here but the clue is - he is already in a prominent position within AUK)  :thumbsup:

Mad Jacks JSM/  Hills and Mills to be continued in 2021

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #682 on: 05 February, 2017, 11:10:01 am »
STOP PRESS,

I think we have a new AAA man.  Welcome (not sure if he is on here but the clue is - he is already in a prominent position within AUK)  :thumbsup:

Yep, he's a member of Audax Club Bristol !!
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388