Author Topic: Team Sky names its first six riders  (Read 4486 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Team Sky names its first six riders
« Reply #25 on: 11 December, 2009, 06:00:27 pm »
Wiggo is a Web 2.0 National Treasure. Some tweets from this week:

# Wouldn't piss on these wankers if they were on fire!    about 3 hours ago   from mobile web

# I've had some Horrible messages from some brainless wankers who feel my move to sky has somehow affected there own lives! about 3 hours ago from mobile web

# Talking's been banned in our house, we all communicate through the world of Twitter    5:54 PM Dec 8th   from mobile web 

# Why don't we save the Whales instead of the pursuit. Please sign up!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #26 on: 11 December, 2009, 06:25:13 pm »
David Millar has some not quite so fulsome comments on Wiggins and Sky here...Millar To Ride Out Career With Garmin-Transitions | Cyclingnews.com
Aero but not dynamic

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #27 on: 12 December, 2009, 11:32:13 am »
David Millar has some not quite so fulsome comments on Wiggins and Sky here...Millar To Ride Out Career With Garmin-Transitions | Cyclingnews.com

Quote from: bradwiggins
What aload of pompous drivel! I expected better!
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #28 on: 12 December, 2009, 08:35:23 pm »
I love the idea of a a world-beating Sky Team with Brad, Cav & Geraint, run by Dave from Deiniolen... but I hate evil right-wing megalomaniacs.

???

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #29 on: 13 December, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »
Now it's actually happened, I'm slightly disappointed that Brad left Garmin. There's a grain of truth in what Millar says - Sky are nouveau riche upstarts and Brailsford is very much an outsider to the world of road cycling.

But on the other hand... so what! It will be great to see a British team with a genuinely world class British rider leading it in the Tour de France.

And maybe an outsider coming in to shake things up is what cycling needs if it is going to shed the reputation of the peloton being a rolling pharmacy.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #30 on: 14 December, 2009, 04:37:40 pm »
Brailsfords only part of the team. I think his talent is being able to recruit world class experts to join the team, who, for the Sky Team will have experience with roadies.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #31 on: 14 December, 2009, 06:32:43 pm »
Paul Sherwen, interviewed for pezcyclingnews.com before the announcement, suggests

'It might be a good thing, in fact, not to have Brad on board straight away. It could put too much pressure onto year one as part of their development because Wiggins would want to emulate his performance at the Tour this year.
I’m not sure what the contractural relationship is with Garmin … it might be an advantage to run out his contract this year and move to Sky next year when they’ve got their feet firmly on the ground.
'

Seems a fair point.

Interview here - http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=7757
Aero but not dynamic