Author Topic: SR  (Read 2267 times)

RideHard

• The London Grimpeur
  • ACH Organiser
    • Steam Rides & Chiltern Grimpeurs
SR
« on: 07 October, 2019, 09:13:15 am »
I like the Challenge of an SR.. so much so,  I've planned/included in 2/4* new SR events: ACH SR & ACH SR AAA
Subtly distinct by the 2 different Stag logos... www.steamride.co.uk
Plus, the chance of a Mystical sighting of a pure "White Stag" aka The Unicorn See ride rides and touring https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=113721.0.

So far ridden:
AAA SR
ACH SR
ACP SR
AUK SR
Essex SR (2016, 2017)
Grimpeur du Sud SR *
Kingston Wheelers SR
LARS Award SR*
Cymru SR
Wessex SR.. yet to do it in 1 season

Are there many more currently active, which have medals?

to do:
AC Lincolnshire SR
ACH AAA SR (Hadrian's Wall  & C2C 400)
Audax ecosse - woven badge
Exeter Wheelers SR
Highland SR - badge of some form
Tyneside vagabonds - woven badge

ACH SR: Dean 300; Steam Ride LOL 200; Quainton Express 100; University Challenge 600; London Circuit 400; C2C; Hadrian's Wall; Chiltern Pub Crawl; White Hart.   2022 AUK: ACH SR; Wessex SR; LEL; LeJog

Re: SR
« Reply #1 on: 07 October, 2019, 09:32:33 am »
The Essex SR has a medal and bars for each year completed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

S2L

« Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2019, 09:42:48 am »
SR Cymru

« Reply #3 on: 07 October, 2019, 09:48:23 am »
ACH’s own LARS award! Not sure if it has a medal though.

ACP SR, although you might have already done that for PBP.

« Reply #4 on: 07 October, 2019, 09:53:32 am »
Exeter Wheelers
Medal: no. Badge: yes.
http://www.ukcyclist.co.uk/ewccsr

« Reply #5 on: 07 October, 2019, 09:54:28 am »
Grimpeur du Sud SR, but I don’t think that has a medal.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #6 on: 07 October, 2019, 10:04:40 am »
AC Lincolnshire SR has a nice woven badge

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #7 on: 07 October, 2019, 11:05:32 am »
Audax ecosse - woven badge
Highland SR - badge of some form
Tyneside vagabonds - woven badge

Had to bail on the later this year so intending to try again but the 600 clashes with a few options, as does the middle.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: 07 October, 2019, 04:15:16 pm »
SR Cymru

Talking of which, I believe Ross Jeal is looking to hand this over - anyone interesting in taking it on?
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

S2L

« Reply #9 on: 07 October, 2019, 04:46:16 pm »
SR Cymru

Talking of which, I believe Ross Jeal is looking to hand this over - anyone interesting in taking it on?

Potentially yes... although not being based in Wales it might sound like a bit of a sacrilege...

« Reply #10 on: 07 October, 2019, 05:04:44 pm »
I may be referring to something already mentioned, I haven't got my head round awards at all,  but Lucy refers to a medal and patch here. Is that different from the Audax ecosse badge mentioned already?

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/18-789/

I'd be entitled to that, but I've no idea how I'd go about claiming it.

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #11 on: 07 October, 2019, 05:11:33 pm »
SR Cymru

Potentially yes... although not being based in Wales it might sound like a bit of a sacrilege...

Not sure that would present a problem but Audax Cymru might be the natural home https://www.facebook.com/audaxcymru/

« Reply #12 on: 07 October, 2019, 05:24:43 pm »
Thanks, I'll drop them a line, not too sure why this has landed in my inbox other than most Welsh rides being AAA-rated.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #13 on: 07 October, 2019, 05:28:13 pm »
I may be referring to something already mentioned, I haven't got my head round awards at all,  but Lucy refers to a medal and patch here. Is that different from the Audax ecosse badge mentioned already?

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/18-789/

I'd be entitled to that, but I've no idea how I'd go about claiming it.
That's the SR Ecosse, speak to Lucy if you've done an SR series where every event has started in Scotland.

Edit: Just checked, if you are who I've determined you to be from your PBP blog, then yeah you have an SR series of Scottish starts, and as a bonus your border reiving on Alston and Back covers you for the patch cost.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: 07 October, 2019, 06:06:51 pm »

That's the SR Ecosse, speak to Lucy if you've done an SR series where every event has started in Scotland.

Edit: Just checked, if you are who I've determined you to be from your PBP blog, then yeah you have an SR series of Scottish starts, and as a bonus your border reiving on Alston and Back covers you for the patch cost.

Thanks, you may well be right about who I am! I had a brief cameo in your own blog. I'll email her and see what she says.