Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147525 times)

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #250 on: 28 February, 2013, 04:13:10 pm »
Wartime Soviet aircraft, Scotland, exploding trousers and so on. Just the usual for me last night.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #251 on: 10 March, 2013, 11:17:45 am »
I came home and was very aware that someone had been in my flat although nothing had been taken. Then I found a man asleep in my bed. He said his mother had bought the flat and he was renting it from her. She'd bought it from someone pretending to be me. I had to call the police to a) get rid of him and b) report a case of fraud. Then me and Princess Anne were hanging out and became good friends.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

fuzzy

« Reply #252 on: 11 March, 2013, 10:11:20 am »
Then me and Princess Anne were hanging out and became good friends.

That's useful as I can't remember if I told her Mum she had got the job-

I was interviewing "Brenda" for a job as a receptionist?

Can you ask for me?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #253 on: 11 March, 2013, 10:49:19 am »
Nothing of note last night, but a few nights ago a tiger took up residence in my parents' old house (demolished in 2000) and it had killed Delthebike. I had to kill it with a carving knife and for some reason I ended up skewering a dog. There was quite a lot of other detail as well, and after I had woken up from that dream I had another, which I could remember at the time and it was quite disturbing, but I've forgotten now.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #254 on: 11 March, 2013, 10:51:59 am »
and it had killed Delthebike.
It's just a flesh wound!  :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #255 on: 11 March, 2013, 12:37:35 pm »
I fed the function for the Julia Set into an eTrex .IMG file.  It produced an infinitely zoomable map of Runcorn.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #256 on: 11 March, 2013, 01:48:55 pm »
Mis-read that as:
It produced an infinitely zombiable map of Runcorn.

216km from Marsh Gibbon

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #257 on: 11 March, 2013, 03:05:49 pm »
Mis-read that as:
It produced an infinitely zombiable map of Runcorn.

That wouldn't be a dream...

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #258 on: 11 March, 2013, 04:20:30 pm »
Here's a text message I received from my doctor brother:

"Had a dream last night that u persuaded me to do a 30 mile cycle event with u n some of your cycling buddies. The furthest ive cycled in one go for several years is as far as the nearest hospital*.  It didn't go well."

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #259 on: 13 March, 2013, 10:33:19 am »
I woke up this morning in a dream where Radio 3's current Baroque Season had an official clock, which somehow you could see although it was radio, and they'd changed it from digital to analogue to help my son learn to tell the time. Very kind of them, though he can already.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #260 on: 14 March, 2013, 06:37:15 am »
Dreamt my boss had taken me to get a haircut but I got told off as when I took my jumper off my t-shirt rode up slightly, apparently next time I have to get changed in a decent fashion of I'll be barred  ???

Also the mafia were hunting me and hiding around the approaches to my house for the heinous crime of overtaking one of their cars in the snow. So I carried on for a bike ride for a bit longer before somehow teleporting into the bathroom.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #261 on: 14 March, 2013, 07:23:56 am »
Then me and Princess Anne were hanging out and became good friends.

That's useful as I can't remember if I told her Mum she had got the job-

I was interviewing "Brenda" for a job as a receptionist?

Can you ask for me?
Sorry, fuzzy, she's already taken another job in the local Harvester.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #262 on: 14 March, 2013, 09:33:58 am »
I was on some sort of date with an ex-girlfriend, walking down a footpath down towards the sea. I was horrified to discover somebody had built a motorway slip road higher up, so confused motorists were careering down this steep footpath at 60mph. We somehow avoided being run over and started walking back up (it was quite steep), and on the other side there was a railway with platforms every few hundred metres. At one platform there were some dodgy-looking characters, several people who had head injuries, and an 8-foot tall black kangaroo (built more like a grizzly bear) on a leash. Quite scary, so we avoided eye contact and walked on.

I love it when I can relate a bizarre dream bit to something that happened earlier in the day. The last thing I watched before going to bed last night was a documentary on railways - workers dealing with abusive drunks (including attending to one who'd cracked his head open). The kangaroo is a mystery though.

« Reply #263 on: 15 March, 2013, 11:39:42 am »
I love it when I can relate a bizarre dream bit to something that happened earlier in the day.
Excellent. Can you explain how come last night I dreamt I was out for dinner with Deano and Crinkles and took a huge strop because there was nothing on the menu- as in, the words on the menu (which was a paper plate) had been worn off by the greasy bolognese sauce it had been holding. Deanos hair was even more like Dennis (the Menace)'s in the dream than it currently is IRL. Kat was wearing a purple kaftan that, well, did nothing for her, tbh.
O, and when I flounced out of the pub there were some Willesden types I haven't seen since Versailles August 2011 enjoying a drink as they perused their menus.

No?

Thought not.   :facepalm:

LindaG

« Reply #264 on: 15 March, 2013, 11:57:27 am »
I dreamed my grandparents' dining room was being taken over by slugs.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #265 on: 15 March, 2013, 01:33:59 pm »
My ex and I flew to Peru to look for a friend's missing daughter  ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #266 on: 18 March, 2013, 07:42:48 am »
NSTN rode up to me last night on her new blue Brompton and said
"Here Del, you need a Guinness!"
She handed over a bottle of Guinness and rode off.

LindaG

« Reply #267 on: 18 March, 2013, 08:59:31 am »
All my teeth went crumbly and fell out and my Nana told me off for not looking after them.

« Reply #268 on: 18 March, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »
One from the weekend - me and my companions, in a space ship, nose into the unlit cargo bay of a bigger ship, using our ships lights to see if anyone is moving in what looks the aftermath of a large disturbance, cargo crates spilled open, a forklift on it's side.

Suddenly movement, somethings pads its way from the shadows towards us...... it was only a blooming badger! Wowbadgers in space!
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #269 on: 18 March, 2013, 09:17:15 pm »
I dreamed that I met Rapples, formerly of this forum. It was not a worthwhile experience.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #270 on: 19 March, 2013, 12:59:14 pm »
 ;D

Last night bobb and I had a huge argument about something but I don't know what, I just know he was mistaken - I hadn't really done whatever it was he thought I had done. I was pretty certain we'd broken up and I was really upset. We were at the seaside and I went to the beach to find someone to teach me to surf the Severn Bore. Whoever was going to teach me to surf had a horrible blond moustache - he was kind of like a younger, blonder version of whichever one out of Hale and Pace has the moustache.

Whenever I dream about bobb we're either breaking up or getting married. It's most disconcerting.

« Reply #271 on: 27 March, 2013, 08:24:14 am »
Mrs A and I went to the new Leeds shopping centre.  In order to get home we of course bought a new car, a very shiny black vauxhall (why?).  Strangely enough even when sitting in it I could see it from the outside and watched it slowly change colour to deep blue.   Unfortunately it was incredibly slow and although the speedo was showing 80, everything else on the road overtook and disappeared.  We were on an empty road.  Then there was a long, dark, steep hill and in order to descend, we turned the car round and went down backwards.  As we went down, the rear window through which I was looking, started to get smaller and smaller.  Just as it disappeared completely we reached the bottom of the hill and there were traffic lights.  When we took the right filter the car changed into a powerful motorbike but the engine wasn't running.  The lights kept changing through all sorts of different shapes and colours except a green arrow.  Eventually Mrs A got off and crossed on foot waiting the other side.  When the lights at last went green the motor was still off so I quickly wheeled the bike over and we both got on, just as a large guy in black leathers on a mountain bike came straight towards us (the wrong way on a dual carriageway) and stooped just in front being very aggressive.  A crowd gathered and he started to remove the motorcycle helmet he was wearing and squared up.  I said to him 'if we are going to fight, won't you need a helmet?'  Then I noticed the policeman standing behind him and immediately he and everyone else just disappeared.  The road was clear and we realised that the engine wasn't running because we hadn't plugged it in.  So we did, wondering if there was enough cable to get us home.  Luckily it stretched and stretched, we got home and I woke up.

I know Mrs A wants to visit the new Leeds shopping centre, I think it's been worrying me!
Move Faster and Bake Things

Flynn

• Fred Killah
« Reply #272 on: 01 April, 2013, 09:49:56 am »
There is a vacant flat next door. I dreamed an Amish sect, complete with wide brim hats, beards etc. moved in, and were playing live rock music on the balcony out front on Fenders through a couple of Marshall amps.
ap·a·thy  (p-th)
n.
1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.

« Reply #273 on: 01 April, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »
I dreamed I had taken my horse to a show and discovered you could sign up for the one day event on the day.  I looked at the dressage test and it was a BE90 (easy) test - so I decided it was do-able and signed up.  Then I walked the cross country course and the jumps were up to 1m (huge for solid, fixed jumps).  I decided at that point to pull out of the competition.   :demon: Stupid, bloody pointless waste of an REM cycle. 

fuzzy

« Reply #274 on: 18 April, 2013, 03:27:24 pm »
I was watching or at a Barack Obama press conference where he was talking about his gun control proposals. As I watched, his skin took on a gradually more plastic or waxen sheen. I then realised he was being pelted with beer by suit wearing, cowboy hatted atendees. He endured this for about a minute before starting to leave the stage. As he did so, someone threw something else at him. Obama responded by going balistic, leaping into the crowd and beating the shit out of the culprit before the Secret Service could drag him away.