Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by telstarbox on Today at 05:46:47 pm »
You ready own a bike suitable for audax.

I would agree but in due course it might be worth spending more for a stronger, lighter bike with more durable components. That depends on the OP's budget and how they get on with their existing bike.
Freewheeling / Re: Pilgrimage Symposium, 17/Apr/24, London
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 05:45:31 pm »
My attention was grabbed by this sentence:
Not least, I re-read my dissertation on worship as a physical experience, and I loved hearing Dr Paula Gooder speak at St Paul’s, she wrote a wonderful book on the relationship between religion and the human body, and I learned from her that the neo-platonic concept of separation of body and soul are not the Jewish way of seeing humanity: we are not a soul trapped in an incarnated body… we’re more of an animated personality.
I'm interested in what you mean by "an animated personality" and how this relates to the "the Jewish way of seeing humanity"? Obviously you could tell me to read her book, but I'm hoping for a simple paragraph that might persuade me I have a chance of understanding the book!
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:33:46 pm »
The Beautiful South - Blackbird On The Wire
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by spesh on Today at 05:24:00 pm »
Alter Bridge - Blackbird

edited to make artist - song consistent with RZ's posts
The Pub / Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:02:40 pm »
U2 - One
The Pub / Re: Dez's funeral - 3rd May, 1pm.
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 04:59:25 pm »
Would be good to see other YACFers there.  Funerals are much underrated IMO - everyone only says nice things, there's usually food, and you don't have to bring a present.
The Pub / Re: Can we reboot Tune Association?
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 04:55:04 pm »
I'm going to purge it and start a new one.  Thanks.
Gallery / Re: A bridge I cycled over...
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 04:55:03 pm »
Also at some international borders where traffic changes from driving on the left to driving on the right, and vice versa, eg Hong Kong-China and Suriname-Brazil.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 04:50:26 pm »
R4X is the home of the Radio Comedy Hall of Shame.

The other day I accidentally caught a few minutes of some sitcom with Marcus Brigstocke (never a good start) about a middle class family trying to be green.

Good grief... This is bad even by Radio 4 comedy standards. Come back Clare in the Community, all is forgiven…

If that's the one I think it is I liked that
Happy to help if I can at Brampton. Email sent.
I don't seem to have had an email, I've sent you a direct message from the YACF system or if you can resend the message. Thanks, Andy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10