Author Topic: Route advice - Crewe station to Nantwich  (Read 890 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Route advice - Crewe station to Nantwich
« on: 11 April, 2011, 10:31:29 pm »
I need to get from Crewe station to the western side of Nantwich. I'll be arriving into Crewe around 4.30 pm on a weekday. Route options seem to consist of:

#1 - Straight down the A543
#2 - Skirt south and pick up the A543 a bit later
#3 - Skirt south and pick up the A51

In reality I doubt any of these options are will be as grim as London roads in rush hour, but does anyone have advice as to which choice will be the most pleasant. Time is not that important.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
Re: Route advice - Crewe station to Nantwich
« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2011, 10:47:52 pm »
Speaking as a local* - I think your first route is both shortest, and most pleasant. In all three cases you have to get out of crewe, and the distance to do that is the same

After that the main crewe nantwich road (534) is actually quite nice, going through niceish 'burbs and villages. It is also relatively quiet, since it has effectively been bypassed for the heavy traffic by the A500.

*when I was a kid, the 534 was my route from home in NE natntwich to the model/bike shop at the SW end of crewe. Tis where I got my first bikes, and the replacement frame when I bent one cycling into the rear of a parked car.  ;D

EDIT: I've just noticed your end point is 1/2 mile from the last house my parents had before emigrating to USA (Dig Lane)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: Route advice - Crewe station to Nantwich
« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2011, 11:07:26 pm »
Cheers.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/