Author Topic: East London . . . . ride ideas  (Read 1627 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
East London . . . . ride ideas
« on: 07 September, 2020, 06:52:50 pm »
I'm planning a Sunday ride (with one of my daughters) in and around the East End .... taking in an art exhibition in the Brick Lane/Spitalfields area.

Having worked in the City/East London many moons ago I know the area pretty well but am trying to put together ideas for a route and places to see.  The focus being on architecture and perhaps what's new, and what's gone (obviously need my memory for that, but will need a jog!)  Not looking to cycle miles and miles, probably 4/5 hours total, and on Bromptons - and taking lots of pictures.

All ideas, suggestions, routes gratefully received.   I believe that someone on here has led some "sight-seeing" routes that were popular?

Thanks

Rob

Re: East London . . . . ride ideas
« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2020, 07:50:58 am »
Paging Andrij, Andrij to the slightly muddy courtesy phone.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2020, 04:37:33 pm »
This sounds exactly as though Andrij's excellent Thames Path Meander would fit the bill.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2020, 04:53:25 pm »
This sounds exactly as though Andrij's excellent Thames Path Meander would fit the bill.

Unfortunately not really from what I read of the route* - it's the Spitalfields, Shoreditch, Hoxton, Hackney, Bethnal Green sort of area that we're interested in.

* a lot of the route is also in Bill Carnaby's superb London Sightseer Audax ride - sadly not held in either the Weds or Sun editions this year :(

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #4 on: 17 September, 2020, 11:12:02 am »
Apologies, only just spotted this thread.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: