Author Topic: Nottingham to London on Sat. 20/3/10  (Read 13609 times)

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
Re: Nottingham to London on Sat. 20/3/10
« Reply #75 on: 22 March, 2010, 02:09:25 pm »
An hour ago I got a text from Adamski the where in Olney and the headwind was making things slow.

I just did 8 miles into the wind and I'm knackered.
Being a Dane you should be used to headwinds!

Naggers

• Lost in a daze
« Reply #76 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:48:11 am »

Well done everyone  :thumbsup:

we were off on the back roads towards St Albans.  Although I know this section fairly well, it's a complete rabbits warren of little lanes and of course by night, everything looks different, so we had to make a number of stops to check the map and Tim's GPS. 

It's taken me years of riding the area with an OS map to learn them lanes. You could do Lilley to St Albans a hundred times and take a different route every one.

Shame I couldn't come along to ride a bit with you.

« Reply #77 on: 27 March, 2010, 12:57:43 am »

we were off on the back roads towards St Albans.  Although I know this section fairly well, it's a complete rabbits warren of little lanes and of course by night, everything looks different, so we had to make a number of stops to check the map and Tim's GPS. 

It's taken me years of riding the area with an OS map to learn them lanes. You could do Lilley to St Albans a hundred times and take a different route every one.

Shame I couldn't come along to ride a bit with you.

I spent a lot of my school holidays cycling along those lanes. I used to know them very well and there's some very good cycling around there.
I'd get lost now without a map.