Author Topic: Email from ACP re conversion of Pre Registration  (Read 3570 times)

Re: Email from ACP re conversion of Pre Registration
« Reply #25 on: 05 June, 2023, 11:28:44 am »
Thanks for getting back. That's what I wondered. I was hoping it might mean on site camping.

« Reply #26 on: 05 June, 2023, 12:51:01 pm »
Hello, dithering, not completed registration yet.
Does anyone know if the Parking/Camping option (if still available) on the registration form includes tent camping facilities, whether arriving by car or bike?
Last time the avenue of parked campervans (which 4 days later riders had to negotiate before the courtyard cobbled finish) was maybe 600m long. A fair few had little tents beside them. I reckon the anarchic environment if the layout is the same (which I expect) will mean a rider pitching up (arriving and literally) will not have hassle. There were portaloos around iirc, to support the registration, start and finish activities.
Guess "tent camping facilities" is an individually defined term: we were in Huttopia.

« Reply #27 on: 05 June, 2023, 01:08:56 pm »
In 2019 when I arrived at the car park on the Sunday morning, I was surprised at the number of cars parked up with little tents set up behind the car. I actually parked next to a car with four Ukranian riders with a couple of tents up and they had all their camping equipment etc hung up airing off as they were packing stuff away so obviously they had been there all Saturday night at least.

Sometimes I wonder if things get confused in translation.

« Reply #28 on: 05 June, 2023, 07:04:42 pm »
Thank you Ajax Bay and zacklaws.
I think we will be looking for an official camping site.

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
« Reply #29 on: 27 June, 2023, 02:05:02 pm »
Well I can now see my ACP numbers for my 400 and 600 and there are places left in T & U on the 90 hr start.

Late start is no hardship (it allows a civilised afternoon finish) so will make my mind up in the next few days.