Author Topic: Re-starting a session on a smart trainer  (Read 4857 times)

Re-starting a session on a smart trainer
« on: 12 September, 2018, 08:16:57 pm »
Is this a problem just for Tacx? Just for my Tacx trainer?

The issue, if I am in the middle of a erg controlled session and for whatever reason stop, I am basically stuffed.

Short of manually controlling the resistance it's VERY tough to get back to where I was because of the combination of the resistance ramping up to infinity (actually, about a 25% slope) and seemingly refusing to roll back until you hit a high cadence which is nigh on impossible on that 25% slope.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Trainer is the Tacx Ironman aka Bushido, about 3 years old.

ETA - https://www.reddit.com/r/Velo/comments/5a590g/tacx_neo_users_hows_erg_mode/ suggests that Zwift have  a work around, I've asked Trainer road if they do, too.

simonp

Re: Re-starting a session on a smart trainer
« Reply #1 on: 13 September, 2018, 11:18:23 am »
Have you tried back pedalling for a few seconds to let the trainer come to a halt?

TR do drop the resistance down temporarily when this happens, in response to this issue.

« Reply #2 on: 13 September, 2018, 12:24:04 pm »
Ah! this has probably happened since I last used it last year, excellent, thank you, that's probably the answer.

« Reply #3 on: 12 September, 2019, 01:34:52 pm »
Late answer, but doesn't the companion app have a pause button? I use Zwift with a TACX neo, and I just pause the work out and restart when I am ready.