Author Topic: What will happen [to the LEL board?]  (Read 2502 times)

alan

What will happen [to the LEL board?]
« on: 02 August, 2009, 10:47:06 am »
to this thread in due course?
Will it be archived in an accessible place?

I ask because I hope to refer to it during the next four years in prep. for 2013.

simonp

Re: What will happen [to the LEL board?]
« Reply #1 on: 02 August, 2009, 11:11:13 am »
LEL
This is a temporary board for London-Edinburgh-London. Posts will be merged back into the parent board after the event.

border-rider

« Reply #2 on: 02 August, 2009, 11:14:40 am »
You'll notice that thread titles on this board are slowly changing so that they all contain "LEL", to make them easy to find when the board is gone.  It's a boring job so it'll take me a while.

After that I'm going to make an "LEL index" post listing them all and put it in the audax board.

Then this board will be subsumed back into the audax board.

« Reply #3 on: 02 August, 2009, 11:26:27 am »
It might be useful if somehow the posts could be marked as being from the LEL board, for easier searching for posts.  Eg the element "[LEL] " could be added to the start of each Subject.

Edit: Doh, it sounds like MV is already doing this.
Actually, it is rocket science.

alan

« Reply #4 on: 02 August, 2009, 11:39:23 am »
You'll notice that thread titles on this board are slowly changing so that they all contain "LEL", to make them easy to find when the board is gone.  It's a boring job so it'll take me a while.

After that I'm going to make an "LEL index" post listing them all and put it in the audax board.

Thanks MV. 'tis appreciated :thumbsup:

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #5 on: 02 August, 2009, 12:22:31 pm »

:demon:  Perhaps they should be marked "LEL 2009". That is if the longevity of this board is going to be assumed to extend beyond LEL 2013 and 2017 ??    ;)

border-rider

« Reply #6 on: 02 August, 2009, 12:25:41 pm »
The index thread in A&C can be labelled thus.  If it's an issue, someone can relabel individual posts in 2013 ;)

It's quite possible that the individual posts could be brought back to life in 2013. Many of the questions are not 2009-specific

border-rider

« Reply #7 on: 02 August, 2009, 04:19:02 pm »
LEL index post is in place

LEL 2009

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 02 August, 2009, 06:52:39 pm »
Boards now merged (the highly unofficial quick 'n' dirty technique worked...phew!)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.