Author Topic: SR Medals and Badges - Which ones are up for grabs?  (Read 1606 times)

SR Medals and Badges - Which ones are up for grabs?
« on: 13 March, 2015, 08:40:18 pm »
I'm putting the finishing touches to the four SR series I am currently working my way through this year.

Welsh SR
Wessex SR
International SR
Other SR

I see some regional SR's offer a medal or badge.

Welsh and I think Wessex for example.

But I can not find a list anywhere with contact details that gives me definitive details.

For example, the  SR's from Invicta, Peak Audax, Droithwich, Willesden, Denmead, West Yorkshire &Noethumbria - do you offer a badge, what are the web links to their sites. 

Are there other SR's in the UK I've missed?

Also thinking further I am sure some individual events offer uniques badges, anyone know of any?

Maybe this would be a good place for people to post their knowledge on this, would help me out.....

Season 1 - 211 AAA Points, 120 Club points,  PBP 72h, ISR, Welsh SR, Easter Arrow, Hyper Rand, AAA Champion, ACB Team and CTC champions

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
Re: SR Medals and Badges - Which ones are up for grabs?
« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2015, 09:00:33 pm »
If you add a 500km DIY to your SR you can claim the SR2000

http://audaxmedals.southportcc.co.uk/Images/medalslarge/MedalSR2000.jpg

These are now in limited supply and were originally for the turn of the millennium.

There's a thread on this very forum somewhere. Here https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=85123.0

Contact the AUK Recorder Peter Lewis when you're done and he'll register it for you.

CET was thinking of doing one for the Cambrian Series too.

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=79290.0

@CorbieLinnRider

« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2015, 10:10:11 pm »
Exeter Wheelers SR Series.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #4 on: 14 March, 2015, 03:17:38 am »
Tomsk's Essex SR medal.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #5 on: 14 March, 2015, 12:37:12 pm »
I'm hoping Willesden do a badge as I've entered their SR series. Was explaining to my flatmate this morning about the RRTY badge and he said audax sounds like the scouts.

Bairdy

• Former Pints Champion
« Reply #6 on: 14 March, 2015, 02:29:21 pm »
I'm hoping Willesden do a badge as I've entered their SR series. Was explaining to my flatmate this morning about the RRTY badge and he said audax sounds like the scouts.

I don't go into too much detail with civilians about the nuts and bolts of Audax.
In the past I've found myself trailing off and looking down at my shoes as I've attempted to explain it and why I do it.  ;D
"And I been up to my neck in pleasure
              Up to my neck in pain"

« Reply #7 on: 15 March, 2015, 12:32:07 pm »
Does the ISR need to be completed in one season?
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #8 on: 15 March, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »

No, unlimited period.

I think I'll start a 1200km one this year with PBP and your Scottish adventure Mr BS.

« Reply #9 on: 15 March, 2015, 01:58:49 pm »

No, unlimited period.

I think I'll start a 1200km one this year with PBP and your Scottish adventure Mr BS.

RE ISR : Yeah, I thought as much.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.