Author Topic: Pre registration process  (Read 18974 times)

Re: Pre registration process
« Reply #200 on: 17 May, 2015, 10:12:22 pm »
From PBP Facebook link on PBP homepage:-
We are now at the middle of the preregistration process and 50% of the available places are still available. Some of you worries about the available places for riders who weren't able to complete a BRM last year. We are confident to have enough places for every rider who wants to enter PBP 2015.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #201 on: 18 May, 2015, 06:48:57 pm »
We are confident to have enough places for every rider who wants to enter PBP 2015.
So the point of pre-registration is only to acquire the start time you want, rather than guarantee you will get a place.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #202 on: 18 May, 2015, 07:21:16 pm »
We are confident to have enough places for every rider who wants to enter PBP 2015.
So the point of pre-registration is only to acquire the start time you want, rather than guarantee you will get a place.

Well, my reading of it is that I've got my place, subject to getting the qualifiers completed and listed on the registration site, and full payment made.  I must do that between 31/05/2015 and 23/06/2015.  After that I lose my place and it becomes available in a free-for-all before entries close 14/07/2015

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #203 on: 18 May, 2015, 07:58:36 pm »
No: because they are only "confident", not "certain'. They cannot know how many applicants there will be come June (although I would want long odds to bet against their prediction!)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #204 on: 21 May, 2015, 01:02:45 pm »

Well, my reading of it is that I've got my place, subject to getting the qualifiers completed and listed on the registration site, and full payment made.  I must do that between 31/05/2015 and 23/06/2015.  After that I lose my place and it becomes available in a free-for-all before entries close 14/07/2015

My understanding too - if you've pre-registered, you have a place
The other Robw, not the wobbly one

« Reply #205 on: 24 May, 2015, 07:31:29 am »
I've started the registration process but I get "homologation number unknown"

It's ACP brevet 14-963 from July last year and is a 200k.

Any ideas please?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #206 on: 24 May, 2015, 07:42:58 am »
just looked you up - 14-963 is the auk event code and, unfortunately, that event was not brm, so can not be used for PBP pre-registration.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #207 on: 24 May, 2015, 08:18:17 am »
just looked you up - 14-963 is the auk event code and, unfortunately, that event was not brm, so can not be used for PBP pre-registration.

OK - thanks  :(

I'll just have to wait.

« Reply #208 on: 03 June, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »
Anyone tried to change their pre reg start time? I have been trying this week and I complete all the details but when I hit change I get an error message telling me that I need to indicate my federation, if I try to select this option the drop down box in the federation section it does not seem to work or show any options. I have tried 3 different browsers and different machines but still no luck, anyone had a similar problem?