Author Topic: Random audax questions  (Read 393654 times)

alfapete

• Oh dear
Re: Random audax questions
« Reply #1500 on: 05 April, 2024, 04:01:29 pm »
Nick, I think these awards are included to encourage new or young riders to have something to aim for - there's a Randonneur 500 and 1000 too. You perhaps have a point about the name being inappropriate. The Log shows there are fewer than five claims most years (they have to be claimed from the Recorder and are allowed an embroidered patch if they wish - I believe they have to pay for this).  I'd suggest 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I'm not aware that any regulations have been changed in recent years - the 'points for 50/100 events' doesn't apply to this issue as the length of the events rather than the points are involved in awarding these.
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Random audax questions
« Reply #1501 on: Yesterday at 11:58:10 am »
Just been looking at the results on AUK website, Randonneur 5000 can now be achieved by riding Brevet Populaire's, since when was a 50, 100, 150k ride a 'Randonee' surely R5000, R10000 & R100,000 have to be achieved at Randonneur Standard? which is what is stated in the rules. I thought the introduction of Points for BP's was for some new award or have I misunderstood the whole points inclusion thing completely?

That seems like a good point you've raised.  The regulation change, and the way it was re-worded, effectively erased much distinction between BRs and Populares.  I've messaged the appropriate people suggesting a simple fix for R5000 and R10000.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll