Author Topic: Seagull versus Crows  (Read 1261 times)

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Seagull versus Crows
« on: 19 March, 2015, 09:37:49 pm »
Sitting in war memorial park in Cardiff at lunch time a few weeks back I saw an amusing stand off between two crows and a seagull.  The gull had emerged from a hedge with a dead mouse in its beak.  The crows took interest and started double teaming the gull preventing it from taking off with beak nips on its wings  - the gull retaliated by dropping the mouse and aggressively chasing off the crows in turn - but they just came back as soon as it picked the mouse back up.  This went on for a while until the gull gulped the mouse down in one and VICTORY.  Crows lost interest and walked off.

Today.  Round 2.  Two crows and a gull again (same ones?  who knows) this time it's a crow with some big wobbly food stuff from a bin.  Gull gets interested chases crow into the air in full chase-mode.  Second crow follows, attacks it from above in defense of the other, full claw attack  :jurek: gull screams and gives up.  Second crow then gets its own wobbly food item from bin and flies off.  Crow VICTORY.

So far 1-1.  Who needs human sport - this is cool  ;D :thumbsup: 8)
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Seagull versus Crows
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2015, 05:10:10 pm »
One all after the replay. Now we need a penalty shoot out avian beak out!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Re: Seagull versus Crows
« Reply #2 on: 20 March, 2015, 05:29:47 pm »
 ;D

Oddly enough I was just there again and I saw another amusing thing not involving crows this time.  I was rather intrigued to see - in a park containing various war memorials, flower beds etc - no ponds whatsoever - two ducks! waddling about and feeding.  At one point a seagull wandered around in the vicinity and as one of the ducks nodded its head forward for a tasty morsel in the general direction of the gull, the gull leaped back like a frightened rabbit.  That's not one for taking on the crows, oh no.  ;D

I really must remember to bring my phone along with me so I can video some of this stuff.

I wonder what on earth the ducks were doing there, I've never seen ducks that far away from water before but I suppose it's possible, they can after all fly.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.