Author Topic: Automatic Cat Feeders  (Read 1333 times)

Automatic Cat Feeders
« on: 02 May, 2015, 09:50:23 am »
Has anyone got one? How well does it work?

TIA

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: Automatic Cat Feeders
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2015, 10:28:24 am »
I tried the Andrew James New Automatic Pet Feeder and it was shit.  It was really difficult to set the clock and the feeder timings, the clock went wrong within hours of being set, it dispensed one meal once then ground to a halt, and it dispenses in fractions of cups rather than proper measurements. And Pete, who is really greedy, really struggled to eat from the feeding bowl. Then I tried a Catmate thing and that  was shit too. So I got a couple of Kerbl gravity dispensers and I use those for water and dry food if I'm away for a couple of days, but he does overeat with them.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2 on: 02 May, 2015, 01:22:51 pm »
Do you mean those with a timer or a microchip type?
Pen Pusher

« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2015, 08:16:59 pm »
We have cat feeder with a revolving tray and are very happy with that. The tray is divided into four daily portions, but the cat once survived alone for up to six days. To be honest, I must tell you  that the cat lives outdoor, and that he probably survived on mices for the last days...

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #4 on: 11 May, 2015, 10:38:34 pm »
we've got a catmate with 4 portions* and up to 96 hours (so about 60 hours if fed immediately before and after and every 12 hours in between, as per).
Seems to work OK
For anything longer a neigbour obliges.

*technically 5 but they can get at the 1st 1 immediately you set it up
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.