Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Do many flats have cold water tanks nowadays? Aren't they connected direct to the mains supply?
The Knowledge / Re: Replacement cycling helmet pads
« Last post by lissotriton on Today at 01:58:24 am »
* I know they can be bought for nearly nothing on ebay, but I'd rather not give my contact details to an overseas seller and receive spam email forever more.
The seller doesn't get your email address. It is mostly hidden by Ebay. They can send you messages through Ebay about the item you are buying, but not really any way of spamming.
Or create a separate email address for Ebay, if you are bothered.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:45:02 am »
Tory MP turned Times columnist and titanic ponce Matthew Parris, although probably nominated previously for his comments about stringing wire across cycle paths, gets a reload for (repeating) his assertion that BRITAIN should repudiate the 1951 Geneva Convention on refugees because they’re bloody foreigners.  “[…] there is no point in railing against the illiberalism of the British people on the issue of immigration we’re powerless to control. It is palpable, and politicians who must govern by consent cannot ignore it. Voters on an island will never soften towards settlers arriving uninvited in boats” he says, which is a long-winded way of saying:
  • I'm not racist, but… and/or
  • I, Matthew Parris, am a Super-Twat
The Pub / Re: Pronunciation that makes you cringe
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:35:16 am »
I guess she's going with the flow.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:34:45 am »
Note to self: your tea will be a lot less wishy and, moreover, washy if you pour boiling water over the tea bags rather than into an empty mug :facepalm:

OK Mr L
Over the last few years, I have been labouring under the impression that your 'brown drink' was carp instant coffee.

Tonight I find out that Pingu has been thinking it is tea.

Who is correct?

You are.  Brown Drink is consumed in the morning, or the nearest available approximation to same, and comes out of a jar with “Douwe Egberts” written on the label in large friendly letters.  Proper Tea, on the other hand, is drunk after dinner and is made with two (2) Yorkshire Tea bags per large* mug.

* It originally had the word “Bubba” written on the side to emphasise its biglitude, coming as it did from a branch of Wolmart just outside Couer d'Alene ID, but the lettering wore off yonks ago.
The Pub / Re: Power cut
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 01:01:26 am »
This is why batteries should be kept in the charged state, and it's always worth having a torch or two somewhere you can reasonably grope in the dark.  I have a couple reasonably handy for fettling purposes, as I'm in advanced stages of denial over needing reading glasses.

Little USB LED lamps that can be blogged into battery packs are handy for power cuts, as well as camping and hotel rooms with strobe-o-vision lighting.

Because of a business need to power time-lapse cameras for a several of days, I have a number of powerbanks...

This is all good, until they get lower, and lower in power. Government advice suggests solar panels to recharge..
Yes, thank you politicians, I have a solar panel.

But it is winter....
The Pub / Re: Power cut
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 12:58:28 am »
See you there. (for a bit)

And yes, good to see you.

The power came back on 15 mins before I left to go to the gig. A full 9 hours in advance of the promised time.
The Knowledge / Re: Supernova E3 rear dynamo rear light
« Last post by andrew_s on Today at 12:52:01 am »
With a Supernova front light, you are pretty much tied to the Supernova back light, unless you want to rig up a normal rear dynamo light such as a B+M Secula direct to the hub, with a switch, and take a chance on any effect on the front light brightness.
The Supernova rear is basically 3 bare LEDs in an aluminium block, with all the electronics in the front light. It's bright on axis, but not too good off axis, and I'd sooner use one with another light that had a wider light spread.
The Knowledge / Re: 222-47 Tyre for disabled person trike. Anyone help?
« Last post by andrew_s on Today at 12:32:40 am »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255228237807?hash=item3b6cc9d7ef:g:o94AAOSwNvdhkVKh

Mind you, at £85, a replacement trike woukld probably be cheaper.
The Pub / Re: Pronunciation that makes you cringe
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 12:14:52 am »
Doesn't she know it's the Orinoco variant  ???
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10