Author Topic: VeloViewer Explorer Score and Max Square  (Read 190141 times)

Graeme

• @FatherHilarious
    • Marsden and Slaithwaite Churches
Re: VeloViewer Explorer Score and Max Square
« Reply #2375 on: 16 November, 2021, 08:56:42 am »
Some random meandering recently put Leeds and Manchester city centres into my cluster. What's the 'Northern Powerhouse'... do I need to add Liverpool and Sheffield? Delighted to have Durham, Middlesbrough, York, Hull, Leeds, Wakefield and Manchester into the max cluster... like many of us a new goal is to reach from coast to coast. I figure either Liverpool or Blackpool first; I go to Blackpool more frequently. Oh wait, I guess Preston would probably be the first moment I hit coast to coast.

Someone (a couple of pages back) commented about it not being "exploring" if you're following a heatmap of other riders. Nonsense. Exploring is going places I haven't been, not going places other people haven't been. Sometimes I follow the trails blazed by our community of tilers, but more often than not I cycle somewhere, then open the app and have a look to see what I might be able to gather nearby. This is not efficient, but I'm not always bothered about efficiency, this game isn't one in going to win. In my cycling club there are only two other serious players of the game, and they're untouchable.
37. Because travel is the finest educational system of all; and cycling the cheapest, easiest, and most educational means of travel - Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #2376 on: 16 November, 2021, 12:51:19 pm »
Some random meandering recently put Leeds and Manchester city centres into my cluster. What's the 'Northern Powerhouse'... do I need to add Liverpool and Sheffield? Delighted to have Durham, Middlesbrough, York, Hull, Leeds, Wakefield and Manchester into the max cluster... like many of us a new goal is to reach from coast to coast. I figure either Liverpool or Blackpool first; I go to Blackpool more frequently. Oh wait, I guess Preston would probably be the first moment I hit coast to coast.

Someone (a couple of pages back) commented about it not being "exploring" if you're following a heatmap of other riders. Nonsense. Exploring is going places I haven't been, not going places other people haven't been. Sometimes I follow the trails blazed by our community of tilers, but more often than not I cycle somewhere, then open the app and have a look to see what I might be able to gather nearby. This is not efficient, but I'm not always bothered about efficiency, this game isn't one in going to win. In my cycling club there are only two other serious players of the game, and they're untouchable.
I'd rather like to join up my Sheffield and Leeds clusters to my main one.
It used to be about 600 km to do it, but since LEJOG it's down to about 400k, +5300m.

Graeme

• @FatherHilarious
    • Marsden and Slaithwaite Churches
« Reply #2377 on: 16 November, 2021, 02:25:22 pm »
Is that smidge of red a cheeky little ride up and down Holme Moss from Holmfirth?

:)
37. Because travel is the finest educational system of all; and cycling the cheapest, easiest, and most educational means of travel - Kuklos' 39 Articles

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2378 on: 19 November, 2021, 10:14:30 pm »
Cluster up to 1998 (ooh!) after some comedy off-roading on the first tile bagging trip for ages.

« Reply #2379 on: 20 November, 2021, 01:39:23 pm »
Up to 29x29 after a short ride in NE London today through Tottenham and Edmonton. Not the prettiest but quiet please as it only ocurred to me I could get anadditional few squares after I had decided to do the parkrun at Gunpowder

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #2380 on: 23 November, 2021, 03:14:29 pm »
Has anyone noticed that the Strava route planner shows your completed tiles but lags behind the true coverage? For me it is missing some from a few months back so I don't think it's as simple as a periodic pull of the data?

https://www.strava.com/routes/new
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #2381 on: 23 November, 2021, 03:45:20 pm »
How does it show completed tiles, but not full coverage?
All seems fine with mine, but done any tiling since Sept.
The Tile Collector

« Reply #2382 on: 23 November, 2021, 03:45:59 pm »
Has anyone noticed that the Strava route planner shows your completed tiles but lags behind the true coverage? For me it is missing some from a few months back so I don't think it's as simple as a periodic pull of the data?

https://www.strava.com/routes/new
Try a veloviewer update. It seems to fix that for me generally.

fboab

• It's a fecking serious business, riding a bike
« Reply #2383 on: 24 November, 2021, 10:19:22 am »
In my cycling club there are only two other serious players of the game, and they're untouchable.

Colour me untouchable.

I'm not sure it's true though. Your itinerant lifestyle is in your favour, and it looks very much as if my joint health means my high mileage years will never return.
TSS is not Total Sex Score, Chris!

« Reply #2384 on: 25 November, 2021, 07:25:40 pm »
I'm sure many of this parish would appreciate this

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #2385 on: 25 November, 2021, 07:55:31 pm »
Some civil parishes aren't much bigger than a VV tile so lots of pickings!
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000