Author Topic: Chilli tech bullet camera  (Read 7068 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Chilli tech bullet camera
« Reply #25 on: 11 November, 2021, 07:11:37 pm »
I got a shock when I received the order receipt. The dispatch date was "20th April". I emailed them to confirm which year that might be, and whether there might be a mistake. I had a swift response, with a bit of humour thrown in, and confirmation that they will send them out 'as soon as possible'. I'm hoping that's quite soon, and not just a holding position. Time will tell, but I'm positive at the moment.

My patience wears thin quickly. I chased up the order last week, and was advised they thought they had processed the order following that initial exchange of emails, but they'd sort it now. Still no sign, so I have now cancelled the order for a full refund.

I don't mind waiting for goods when there's a communicated delay. I'm not a fan of paying for something that may never arrive.

So back to the drawing board, once again looking at options. Maybe the Cycliq if I can get a good discount.
Black Friday deal kicking around at the moment for them
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #26 on: 11 November, 2021, 07:44:13 pm »
So back to the drawing board, once again looking at options. Maybe the Cycliq if I can get a good discount.
Black Friday deal kicking around at the moment for them

Indeed ... I saw that yesterday

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #27 on: 19 November, 2021, 01:12:34 pm »
Things may be different this year but this was my experience after buying in Cycliq's black friday sale last year. 

The rear camera was delivered in February and the front came in June.  There was no notification of the lead time until I had completed the transaction.  I think it then said January and April would be delivery dates, but both slipped. 

The cameras are good, but I would be wary buying from them if you want it in a hurry!

« Reply #28 on: 19 November, 2021, 04:25:29 pm »
Things may be different this year but this was my experience after buying in Cycliq's black friday sale last year. 

The rear camera was delivered in February and the front came in June.  There was no notification of the lead time until I had completed the transaction.  I think it then said January and April would be delivery dates, but both slipped. 

The cameras are good, but I would be wary buying from them if you want it in a hurry!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I did put my order in with Cycliq, and the receipt quoted a processing time of 3-5 business days, with additional time around black friday, and "the possibility of some minor and unexpected delays" due to Covid. That gives me a slightly warmer feeling than the complete lack of timescales from Chilli Tech apart from "ASAP".

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #29 on: 20 November, 2021, 02:46:04 pm »
could you pop a clicky link in here, after today's ride I'm very much in the market for a camera - rage rover driver looks left, nothing coming, decides to pull out right across my path, from the right, and then takes umbrage at my shout of "Oy, both fucking ways!"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #30 on: 20 November, 2021, 05:11:53 pm »
could you pop a clicky link in here, after today's ride I'm very much in the market for a camera - rage rover driver looks left, nothing coming, decides to pull out right across my path, from the right, and then takes umbrage at my shout of "Oy, both fucking ways!"

In my experience, it's never a good idea to comment on a stranger's sexual proclivities ...