Author Topic: Police bring undercover cyclist operation to Arbroath  (Read 12925 times)

Re: Police bring undercover cyclist operation to Arbroath
« Reply #125 on: 18 May, 2021, 07:45:21 pm »

I'm not sure why Suffolk decided to procure these 'toast racks', but they have used them in a few places now so I guess they got a bulk deal. When we were consulted about the positioning of parking, we were assuming a couple of Sheffield stands in each location; we didn't anticipate getting enough capacity to park the entire TdF! As you can imagine, that's caused some comments... But in general, they've gone down ok.

They will be cheaper than an equivalent number of individual stands and be less work to anchor; 4 bolts for five stands as opposed to 2 or 4 bolts for each individual stand or having to set them in concrete.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: Police bring undercover cyclist operation to Arbroath
« Reply #126 on: 18 May, 2021, 10:45:46 pm »
While that's largely true, I think it's more likely that they were thinking mainly of Ipswich when they did the buy, and didn't really consider the actual needs of small towns. However, it would be churlish to complain about an excess of bike parking - and the planters have been taken on by the local 'In Bloom' team, so should look spectacular before long. So it's all good.